Hands on hatching and help

I've got ducklings! Four so far, three more pipped, and Sugar has at least one and maybe two out. I also have my other three externally pipped, just waiting for the zip.

So my 3 ameracauna chicks have hatched. 2 are healthy and adorable. The one that needed the help out seems to have an issue with its legs. One leg seems to be placed farther to the front while the other is set back. I tried making a brace last night and it did help a little. It's not walking yet. Not sure where to go with it but I guess I'll figure it out. :)

I now have 3 babies. Hoping last two hatch.

yippiechickie.gif

So my 3 ameracauna chicks have hatched. 2 are healthy and adorable. The one that needed the help out seems to have an issue with its legs. One leg seems to be placed farther to the front while the other is set back. I tried making a brace last night and it did help a little. It's not walking yet. Not sure where to go with it but I guess I'll figure it out.
smile.png

Ugh, sorry about that last one. Hopefully it will improve!

The two crushed shelled chicks I had to get out early are truly miracle babies. They both survived and are doing well. The cords and attached membrane shriveled up and was the size of sewing thread so I cut it with no problems at all. They are both in the coop with the stupid broody mom. I have several hatching now so I'll post pics of the gang soon! Here's a pic of one just before getting them out a couple days ago, and both of them today.

Back
Top Bottom