Hands on hatching and help

@RavynFallen here's some photos of the remaining egg that's still living
bottom

bottom

bottom

What day do u think it's on and what do u think about it? There's still movement and I'm gonna discuss coming an getting some ducks from u with my husband when he gets home and I'll let you know

What day do u think it's on and what do u think about it? There's still movement and I'm gonna discuss coming an getting some ducks from u with my husband when he gets home and I'll let you know

Hard to tell exactly, especially with the saddled air cell... but looks close to hatching, just worried about the bottom end... that should be enveloped by veins about halfway through incubation...

Sounds good... just let me know about how many and we can go from there... I can get you pics of the ducks and drakes you can choose from... just send me a PM when you want to discuss it... :)

Hard to tell exactly, especially with the saddled air cell... but looks close to hatching, just worried about the bottom end... that should be enveloped by veins about halfway through incubation...

Sounds good... just let me know about how many and we can go from there... I can get you pics of the ducks and drakes you can choose from... just send me a PM when you want to discuss it... :)

Ok sounds good!! If it does hatch do you think it will be normal or what do u think could've caused that have u ever saw an egg hatch with some fluid still in it

Ok sounds good!! If it does hatch do you think it will be normal or what do u think could've caused that have u ever saw an egg hatch with some fluid still in it

It's not extra fluid that worries me, it's the unfinished developed membrane... some with smaller open ends have hatched and I've noticed those to be most often to have open navels for a bit, but I don't think I've ever had one hatch with that large of an area unclosed in the veining membrane... most just don't hatch...

It didn't develop quite properly, I've usually seen it like that when I tried an upright turner as opposed to laying them down from day 1 and hand turning...

It's not extra fluid that worries me, it's the unfinished developed membrane... some with smaller open ends have hatched and I've noticed those to be most often to have open navels for a bit, but I don't think I've ever had one hatch with that large of an area unclosed in the veining membrane... most just don't hatch...

It didn't develop quite properly, I've usually seen it like that when I tried an upright turner as opposed to laying them down from day 1 and hand turning...

That's what happened then cause I had it in an upright turner until day 18 when someone told me to take it out and hand turn so should I just wait and see

That's what happened then cause I had it in an upright turner until day 18 when someone told me to take it out and hand turn so should I just wait and see

That was me, lol... :D

Even shipped Call eggs, I have had much greater success laying them down immediately no matter how damaged the air cells are... full rollers I never expect to hatch and haven't gotten one to yet, but saddled still hatch that way...

Even shipped Call eggs, I have had much greater success laying them down immediately no matter how damaged the air cells are... full rollers I never expect to hatch and haven't gotten one to yet, but saddled still hatch that way...

I know now lol! I don't know what to do I guess just wait and see if he hatches ugh

I thought I lost my bantam cochin Katherine last night.  Got home from dinner, and it was right at dark.  Went to close up their coop and she wasn't inside.  Searched and searched the yard, near tears, finally found her between the feed barrels.  Not sure why she didn't make her way back to the coop. But I was so happy to find her.  She has been acting like she wants to brood again, maybe....  but nobody in that pen is laying anyway....

The silkies have done this sometimes. I think that the dark sneaks up on them and then they panic and can't find their way back to the coop. I've seen them frantically pacing at the opposite end of the run from the door to get inside it at dusk. They know where it is but they totally panic! I'm glad you found her!!

Mavis was a full roller. Never say never! ;) :gig

I know now lol! I don't know what to do I guess just wait and see if he hatches ugh

I found a pic that I actually took to show Ravyn of the pointy end of a call egg. It's not the best pic and I know I took a lot of them but I must have erased them because this was the only one I found but you can see the veins.

Back
Top Bottom