hanging cabbage

My chickens LOVE the cabbage. I always cut it in half, then hang it from their ceiling. I've seen them get so excited they will grag hold and swing from it. It doesn't take a whole lot to entertain me
lau.gif

I have two seperate coop/runs...1 with 3 bantams and the other with 5 bantams so mine can't eat that much at one time. I use the wire suet baskets for birds. Just the right size and I can cut up other vegetables or fruits. Just an idea for some with a small flock.
smile.png

Quote:
When I hung cabbage in my run, there were chickens flying everywhere. They all dogpiled in the farthest corner and would not come out until I removed the chook eatin' cabbage. They are deathly afraid of it.

Last edited:
I got two of these that i connected back to back, and hung from the celing.

They love it!!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=958-49853-8483&lpage=none

Not big enough to get body parts stuck and not too small for them to not be able to clean out completely
smile.png
I put greens and cabbage in side, as well as veggies etc, and bits of rolls and so on. The part that sticks out in the picture in the link is removeable...and it come with a nice chain etc. So far no issues and the birds LOVE it!!

I turned the cage so it has the door facing upwards, and then I added some velcro to it to be sure it stayed closed. I also use the chain clasp that came with it to keep the door shut, so it is very secure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom