Hardware Cloth on Pen

I put it on the outside only because of a video I saw of a coyote jumping and pushing on the side walls of a run trying to get in, He was really banging it up and putting a lot of pressure on the HW cloth.
It's my thought that with it being attached on the outside the stresses are more evenly distributed along the whole length of that surface whereas if it were attached on the inside the stress points MIGHT be more constricted to the actually screw/staple or whatever attachment point.
You might want to use hot wire if you have foxes

I’m doing outside as well. I’m stapling it down with a Dewalt cordless Narrow Crown Stapler shooting 1 1/2” stainless steel staples that I bought off Amazon. Then I’m spacing stainless steel washers across the spans about every 20-24” or so just as added reinforcement. Though, honestly, with those 1 1/2” staples about every 3-4 inches, it stays very solid. Finally, like others are suggesting, I’m sandwiching it with 1x4” to cover. My cloth is 1/2 x 1, 16 gauge, and I’m using stainless steel fasteners because I’m using pressure tested wood given I live with a lot of rain.

Back
Top Bottom