Has anbody here tried one of the Sunny Side Up Incubators for 6 eggs?

the incubator works great for me!!!! Easy to control.
what one the LG or the sunnyside up ?

if it dosnt have a thermostate the sunnyside up one would have to be watch extreamly closely probly woudnt be worth it to be honest , if you can aford to do a incubator with a fan so like one of the brinesea , a hovabator with forced air or a LG with forced air, if you want a small bator vs just a cheap one there is this one
http://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Mini-Economy-Incubator-10-Egg/basic-incubators

Thanks for input : ) I ended up making incubators. Much cheaper and very happy i went that route.
I agree, your incubators are very neat. I haven't seen anyone else use your Ideas. Actually I did use a crock pot heating element in my Brower Top Hatch incubator.

A homemade incubator made with care will beat any sunny side up/chick bator incubators

the incubator works great for me!!!! Easy to control.

what one the LG or the sunnyside up ?

if it dosnt have a thermostate the sunnyside up one would have to be watch extreamly closely probly woudnt be worth it to be honest , if you can aford to do a incubator with a fan so like one of the brinesea , a hovabator with forced air or a LG with forced air, if you want a small bator vs just a cheap one there is this one
http://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Mini-Economy-Incubator-10-Egg/basic-incubators
The sunny side up> You just have to add and subtract tinfoil.

I agree, your incubators are very neat. I haven't seen anyone else use your Ideas. Actually I did use a crock pot heating element in my Brower Top Hatch incubator.

A homemade incubator made with care will beat any sunny side up/chick bator incubators
How did your hatch go with the crock pot heating element?

How did your hatch go with the crock pot heating element?

The air temperature remains a constant 99.3 to 100.4. I haven't tried hatching anything in it yet, but I am working on getting my motor for the egg turner. The egg turner motor cuts out, and will stop for hours until I tap the motor. I am going to rig up another motor for it.

I will use it as my turkey, goose, and peacock egg incubator.

Sounds Good! Guess I should check my turner more often. I have to go candle eggs so, I guess I will see what its been doing.

Oh, I didn't know that you had a Brower Top Hatch, you have never posted pictures of it. What kind is it? After replacing the turner motor, this incubator will be made new. I should patent it too. Ha ha.
The original THI10 incubator that it was, wasn't worth the plastic it was made from. I have it where I want it now

Oh, I didn't know that you had a Brower Top Hatch, you have never posted pictures of it. What kind is it? After replacing the turner motor, this incubator will be made new. I should patent it too. Ha ha.
The original THI10 incubator that it was, wasn't worth the plastic it was made from. I have it where I want it now
No I only have the ones I have made. I walk by my red igloo incubator and glance at the temp and humidity and never look in to see if the cut down auto egg turner is in a different angle. I didn't think about a motor going bad in the turner before. I'm guessing my turner is ok?
idunno.gif
Day 14 on shipped eggs and I have 4 out of 12 that have good development and 3 have visible movement.
wee.gif
I wasn't expecting to great of a hatch from these eggs. The seller put them in the well padded box - with the egg carton placed upside down so, 10 eggs out of the 12 shipped with the small end up
barnie.gif

Hope your motor comes in soon so, you can start hatching some eggs! Glad you got all the bugs worked out for the company -lol Maybe you should sell them your improvements or be their tech. advisor!

Last edited:
No I only have the ones I have made. I walk by my red igloo incubator and glance at the temp and humidity and never look in to see if the cut down auto egg turner is in a different angle. I didn't think about a motor going bad in the turner before. I'm guessing my turner is ok?
idunno.gif
Day 14 on shipped eggs and I have 4 out of 12 that have good development and 3 have visible movement.
wee.gif
I wasn't expecting to great of a hatch from these eggs. The seller put them in the well padded box - with the egg carton placed upside down so, 10 eggs out of the 12 shipped with the small end up
barnie.gif

Hope your motor comes in soon so, you can start hatching some eggs! Glad you got all the bugs worked out for the company -lol Maybe you should sell them your improvements or be their tech. advisor!

Heck Yeah! The thermostat I have doesn't require a new wafer every year, and it can't overheat like the original electric thermostats. This one can last for a Long time.

I bought the Bi-metal thermostat off of Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom