Has anbody here tried one of the Sunny Side Up Incubators for 6 eggs?

Jbolt what did you do for hatching them I candled mine 3 are doing good but three was not fertile .. What do I do when they start to hatch leave them in there ?

Last edited:
on day 18 add another soamed sponge to the incubator. Then close it and leave alone. At day 21 you should see little holes in the eggs. DON'T TOUCH THEM. Leave it closed and wait 24 hours. You need to watch the temp closely towards the end of incubation because the chicks will start to create their own heat and it tends to spoke.the temp towards the end.

Last edited:
Day 9 and thanks for the info.. I have been noticing that the botom of the dish is wet ?? Is it soposed to be the sponge will be kind of dry so I damp it and notice its going to the bottom under the foil?? And I am making sure the sponge isn't dripping wet :/ should i put something under the foil to absorb it?? It's like it's absorbing it from the sponge or leave it thanks again for the help I really want these eggs to be successful :)

Last edited:
Ugh do not buy it or use it I put six in and two grew and died :/ I bought a better incubator and its working great next week it's hatch time hate I wasted the eggs in it :/

i got a sunnyside off of ebay last summer....:(
i ended up buying a hovobator later that year what WILL hatch out chicks

This incubator is the biggest pile! I bought it before reading reviews on ebay for a deal and figured, "what the heck? why not?!" Well... in short - Don't! I go to sleep with the temperature at 102 degrees and wake up to it at 94 degrees. Depending which direction I put the thermometer depends on what temperature the box is at apparently. My sponge keeps drying out and I have to get it wet 3-4 times a day. A gigantic hassle and not reliable in the least. I will be spending the money on amazon for an incubator that works and a brooder.

I use Little Giant incubators and get 80-90% hatches. The 10-20% that don't hatch weren't fertile in the first place. I use two for incubators and one for the hatcher.

I dry incubate. I only use 50% humidity in the hatcher. Occassionally I will have one out of a batch die in the shell before hatching. A VERY low percentage of chicks pip and don't hatch. (I don't help chicks out of eggs)

For first time hatchers or some one who only hatches a few chicks a year I highly recommend a Little Giant !

I use Little Giant incubators and get 80-90% hatches. The 10-20% that don't hatch weren't fertile in the first place. I use two for incubators and one for the hatcher.

I dry incubate. I only use 50% humidity in the hatcher. Occassionally I will have one out of a batch die in the shell before hatching. A VERY low percentage of chicks pip and don't hatch. (I don't help chicks out of eggs)

For first time hatchers or some one who only hatches a few chicks a year I highly recommend a Little Giant !
x's 2

Back
Top Bottom