Has anyone used an EZ Frame to make a coop/run?

Chris Yow

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Pensacola, FL (Ensley)
I'm desperately searching for cheap and easy design/build ideas for coops and runs. I'm not at all handy with construction projects and the only electric tool I have is a drill.

I just stumbled upon EZ Frames today, and the idea of not having to cut out any angles to make the frame is very appealing.

Picture one is the 8x12 frame. I'd probably get the 8x16 frame. I can put a tin roof on while leaving a panel or two for some sunlight, attach fencing, and have room to either put in a coop or two or just wall up the back end and make my own.

The second picture is just what a coop in the back might look like. It is not am EZ Frame. Just looks similar.

Has anyone used an EZ Frame for this? Or anything?

The price is around $80-$90. You have to buy your own lumber, but you get the design instructions and fasteners, which would be a good place to start for me.

Last edited:
I've looked at them as well, remember that the price does not include the lumber, so I concluded that it wasn't all that cheap.

the way I went eventually for the run was to make a pvc pipe hoop run. Very easy to construct, cheap materials and I did it by myself in about a weekend. Secure with 2x4 welded wire and 2 or 3 ft of HWC around the lower perimeter. If you go with standard sizes lumber you don't even have to cut anything.

You could block off a corner of that to build a simple coop in as well. I had built a large 10x14 building that had two coops, and I build an adjacent hoop run for each of the two sections so that I could separate groups.

Yep. I'd have to buy the lumber. It just comes with the fasteners. But I'd feel a lot better about building something if I have a design to work with that has all the dimensions, etc., and has some kind of practical way to piece it all together. And not blueprints. Instructions. I really have no experience building something like this, so schematics just aren't going to work for me. This looks simple enough, though, and I can modify it however I want.

Yes, I do but not here at work. I will upload over the weekend.

It is really very simple. If you lived closer I'd come and help you. You can google pvc hoop run to get some ideas.

Last edited:
I just built one of their 8 x 8 greenhouses, it was a breeze. You will need a saw to cut the lumber to length. I also built a 9 x 6 coop from the ground up. If I'd known about the EZ Frame first it would have saved me a ton of time. I say go for it.

Back
Top Bottom