EZ Frame Chicken Coop Build

You guys!! I really haven’t finished the Cooplex…but my Mothers Day gift from my husband was to work on it and finish it by tomorrow. Woohoo! Today we put on the walls that needed attaching, cut holes for and attached the coop doors, finally installed the side clean out doors, and cut trim—including the trim for the door and painted that trim. Will get more pictures tomorrow! 😍

Attachments

• CA171BFE-002D-47A0-BAD2-D9B778B2997A.jpeg
    CA171BFE-002D-47A0-BAD2-D9B778B2997A.jpeg
    678 KB · Views: 23
  • 87689998-AA95-47FD-80EA-6D71E425A9B1.jpeg
    87689998-AA95-47FD-80EA-6D71E425A9B1.jpeg
    570.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 4475A7A1-1F9F-45C7-A1BF-08FC654EF328.jpeg
    4475A7A1-1F9F-45C7-A1BF-08FC654EF328.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 932D927A-7150-4C8C-B3FA-1E2B284D138F.jpeg
    932D927A-7150-4C8C-B3FA-1E2B284D138F.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 23
You guys!! I really haven’t finished the Cooplex…but my Mothers Day gift from my husband was to work on it and finish it by tomorrow. Woohoo! Today we put on the walls that needed attaching, cut holes for and attached the coop doors, finally installed the side clean out doors, and cut trim—including the trim for the door and painted that trim. Will get more pictures tomorrow! 😍
It is looking so cute❤️

I wanted to build an E-Z Frame coop, but after 6 weeks of delays and excuses I cancelled the order and built the coop using standard "stick-built" techniques. It took me extra time, but not really, since I waited for 6 weeks for the brackets. They just kept putting me off, saying "it will ship next week". :(

I wanted to build an E-Z Frame coop, but after 6 weeks of delays and excuses I cancelled the order and built the coop using standard "stick-built" techniques. It took me extra time, but not really, since I waited for 6 weeks for the brackets. They just kept putting me off, saying "it will ship next week". :(
Yeah, they are not a well organized company! I waited over 2 months for them which is insane--especially with almost no communication in the meantime. I think the best bet is to buy them way in advance so you can wait out their long product ordering times. I'm wondering if they don't have much for onsite inventory and therefore have to wait for China to make them once you order thru them. When I finally got shipping info and such it said it was coming from Idaho, but they told me that wait times for things coming from China was really slow. It's too bad they can't figure things out--because they really are handy for a fast framing that is decent quality for the size!

Yeah, they are not a well organized company! I waited over 2 months for them which is insane--especially with almost no communication in the meantime. I think the best bet is to buy them way in advance so you can wait out their long product ordering times. I'm wondering if they don't have much for onsite inventory and therefore have to wait for China to make them once you order thru them. When I finally got shipping info and such it said it was coming from Idaho, but they told me that wait times for things coming from China was really slow. It's too bad they can't figure things out--because they really are handy for a fast framing that is decent quality for the size!
Lean Management has driven a shift towards "Just in Time" Inventory systems. It reduces capital expenditures for both warehousing and unsold stock, makes a reseller more nimble when there are product updates or the like. Its a great system - as long as demand forecasting is accurate and the supply chain robust. The Pandemic demonstrated what happens when single source manufacturing and/or shipping is disrupted>

Ultimately, I'm glad the poster above built their own - sure its not as easy, but you learn more from it, it should be marginally cheaper, and you are more familiar with the build when something inevitably goes wrong/can be improved. That's has a not inconsequential value, in my view.

Ultimately, I'm glad the poster above built their own - sure its not as easy, but you learn more from it, it should be marginally cheaper, and you are more familiar with the build when something inevitably goes wrong/can be improved. That's has a not inconsequential value, in my view.

I still built from treated 2x2s, but used a shed roof rather than the peaked roof that the kit has. The coop was built a couple of months ago. I just finished the partial run (black part). It is 6'x10' and provide a connection to the 1.5"steel conduit 9'x13' foot run. Joints are mitered to 18.5, 45 degrees, or a straight 90. Joints have two 2.5" deck screws with pre-drilled pilot holes and two 2.5" power finishing nails.

Attachments

• 20230515_191941.jpg
    20230515_191941.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I get to decide! That why I picked it! I’m building the ventilation into my design myself :-D I need a lot because our summers are SO hot! Thank you for the link on ventilation I want to make sure my ideas make sense! I know it sounds small, but they are tiny birds and will have a lot of run to make up for it and the run will be covered so they can be out in the elements :)
We have been researching solar fans to add extra air movement. thinking 2 of these type: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Durable-...ken-Coops-Greenhouses/1562282157?from=/search One set blowing inward and one set as exhaust. I am off to read the ventilation articles. :)

Back
Top Bottom