Has anyone used this hatchery?

jk47, where is Hoover Hatchery? Just curious. It sounds like a great place. If it is close to me I might try to convince my 4-H leader to order from there because we always order from Dunlap and it does not have a very good assortment for us and they usually run out of the good ones before we get in an order.
Thanks.

~chickenchick

Its really amazing to me to see much how many hatcheries are all over the US - I guess I never really thought much of people raising their own poultry. I am sure some folks buy in bulk from these hatcheries, but I am guessing the majority are buying small numbers - after all, wouldn't the big factory farms get their eggs elsewhere?

I just received 25 chicks today from Privett Hatchery. They pretty much hatch weekly. Their website doesn't work, but they were all wonderful over the phone. They shipped on Wed and I received them this afternoon. They use 2-day priority mail. Minimum order is 25 right now.

I just received 25 chicks today from Privett Hatchery. They pretty much hatch weekly. Their website doesn't work, but they were all wonderful over the phone. They shipped on Wed and I received them this afternoon. They use 2-day priority mail. Minimum order is 25 right now.
Where is Privett Hatchery? They sound like a good outfit. Does their website not work like it won't load or you just can't make orders from it? Have fun with your little peepers!

~chickenchick

Most hatcheries will sell smaller quantities after April. Reason they want you to buy in minimum of 25 before that is the guarantee of survival, chick do better being shipped in bigger quantities for warmth.

I recently ordered 4 chicks from them. They are scheduled to ship end of February. All I can say about them so far is that the customer service is very prompt. I emailed them to ask a question in the evening and had a response early the next morning. So far so good.

I recently ordered 4 chicks from them. They are scheduled to ship end of February. All I can say about them so far is that the customer service is very prompt. I emailed them to ask a question in the evening and had a response early the next morning. So far so good.

Which hatchery was this Fleet - Chickens for Backyards? If so, I too found their customer service spot on! I ordered 6 chicks from them - also scheduled to ship in February.

Which hatchery was this Fleet - Chickens for Backyards? If so, I too found their customer service spot on! I ordered 6 chicks from them - also scheduled to ship in February.

Oh sorry, yes Chickensforbackyards, what you originally asked about. Exciting! Hopefully everything will go well with the little chicks. I will definitely post an update when they arrive. What kinds did you order? I am getting a Golden Laced Wyandotte, a Black Australorp, a White Plymouth Rock, and an Ameraucana.

Back
Top Bottom