Hatcheries

I have to give a shout out to mypetchicken.com. I was supposed to have my order shipped the week of Jan. 6, but that was the time when we had subzero temps. The hatchery called me and gave me the option to go ahead and have the chicks shipped, or wait until the next week. They had even checked the weather forecast for my location. I opted to wait until the next week. There was one casualty however, but they quickly and without hesitation credited my account for the one chick. I'm still very happy with the remaining 14, and with mypetchicken.com. They were great to work with.

All my chicks were DOA .... they were alive late last night I heard them at the post office. 90 miles from my house I told them I would call right back I had to arrange a sitter for my kids I called back 5 min later and I didn't have an address and they didn't pick up. So that post office put them in the back of a truck instead of the front (local lady said usually they put them in the front with the driver)

misbhaven so sorry you lost all your chicks completely the PO's fault for putting them them in the back of the truck.

i have ordered from Ideal twice and both times were great...june of 2013 i ordered 14 LF cochins and 5 bantams for a friend Ideal sent 6 bantams so friend got 6 and they turned out to be all hens! august 2013 i ordered 10 blue millie fluer duccles but none were the blue variety 2 are the regular millie, 1 is a porcelain and the other 7 are golden necked duccles...while i did order and wanted blues i'm still very happy with what i got they also sent 10 barred rock cockerals as packing peanuts as that part of august was really chilly all 20 arrived perfectly healthy and i managed to quickly find some who wanted all ten of the peanuts so all was good. i also plan to order from Ideal again here in a month or so..got a bigger coop(though it still needs to be built) so i figured i'd add a couple extra girls since i have room

one thing that i like about Ideal is atleast for me the chicks i order get to me really fast...Ideal sends them out wednesday and by about 830 thursday morning my local PO is calling me and telling me they arrived so the chicks are only in the box and in transit for less then a day.

i also like since i live in a certain area from Ideal they dont charge me any shipping...they do charge me a small order and quarter box fee but but combined thats only and extra $8 and i'm ok with that, meyer and others charge $40 for shipping no matter where you are...while Meyer does have some breeds i want i'd have to order and then re sell more chicks then i want to even out the shipping cost

I agre shipping is reasonable ..the main mistakes were by the post office my chicks and another ladies got stuck in kansas city for over 24 hrs there was shipping delays. Then the back of the truck. But there was no heat pack in the box and even the grogel I ordered wasn't in the box. I was just glad my younger children weren't up when we inspected them anyway just to make sure non of them were still hanging on..they were all ice cold. My local post office lady was almost in tears when she gave the box to my husband. it is more a sad thing I know animals die I knew with the time in transit that they would probably perish even if some were alive when I got them. Ideal knew that also I had talked to them Friday they had called me about a waitlisted item.So I blame noone just some badluck.

I just received my order from Ideal yesterday. I was shorted one chick, but all 29 arrived healthy and happy. Unfortunately I did lose one this afternoon. There were no physical indicators as to cause of death, so it must have just been a weakling. I will be ordering from Ideal again since they have good prices and shipping charges. Some other hatcheries I noticed had good prices but ridiculous shipping costs. Not to mention they're closer to me than most other hatcheries which means a quicker ride for the chicks.

I have ordered several times from McMurray hatchery and had wobderfu success every time. They are in Iowa and I am in Va.

I just received my order from Ideal yesterday. I was shorted one chick, but all 29 arrived healthy and happy. Unfortunately I did lose one this afternoon. There were no physical indicators as to cause of death, so it must have just been a weakling. I will be ordering from Ideal again since they have good prices and shipping charges. Some other hatcheries I noticed had good prices but ridiculous shipping costs. Not to mention they're closer to me than most other hatcheries which means a quicker ride for the chicks.
Same here . I had 18 and 1 of my extras was weak this morning and passed around noon .. I thank that one for the warmth and comfort
1f423.png

misbhaven, so sorry to hear of your DOA's. My post office has told me it is a law that they call you as soon as they arrive. I ordered from Ideal after down sizing my order from 18 to 12 I received 21. (I now know what 'warmer' chicks means.) I lost 3 within a day and a 4th died just today. They are 3 weeks old. I have no idea what happened today. I previously ordered ducks from Ideal with one DOA. All ducks flourishing very well. I'm happy with Ideal but dieing to know if the warmer chicks are boys or girls and what breed they might be. I wish you luck on your next purchase.

Back
Top Bottom