HATCHING 938 GRAM DOUBLE YOLK EMU EGG.

I will stay tuned in, I hope you have good luck. A successful double hatch would be the first I have heard of.

First week of incubation is already over. Here are the weight loss record after a week of incubation

3/16/16

Emu egg A weighs 542 grams (-11 grams)

Emu egg B weighs 574 grams (-7grams)

Emu egg C weighs 630 grams (-16 grams)

Emu egg D weighs 914 grams (-24 grams)

The weight loss is ALL over the scale, most likely due to the wide range of sizes in the bator. Just a side note. The humidity in the bator has been about 25-30 percent. And the temp has been 96.7-97.2 I think that's about right. Any comments as far as preferred temperature and humidity settings?

First week of incubation is already over. Here are the weight loss record after a week of incubation

3/16/16

The weight loss is ALL over the scale, most likely due to the wide range of sizes in the bator. Just a side note. The humidity in the bator has been about 25-30 percent. And the temp has been 96.7-97.2 I think that's about right. Any comments as far as preferred temperature and humidity settings?

Good luck on your Emu hatch! I have four emu eggs set for the Easter Hatch-a-long. Just saw one wiggle for the first time tonight! So incredibly cool:celebrate

3/16/16

Your temp and humidity are about the sane as mine. And my weight loss is all over the place too, I also have eggs that are different sizes!

Good luck on your Emu hatch! I have four emu eggs set for the Easter Hatch-a-long. Just saw one wiggle for the first time tonight! So incredibly cool:celebrate
that is fantastic that your eggs are wiggling! I remember when my first emu clutch started wiggling, I jumped for joy
1f602.png
it's a wonderfully satisfying feeling after so much work and blind faith is put into incubating emu eggs, that they start to wiggle. Good luck on the actually hatch
1f44d-1f3fc.png

Ok wow, time is flying. Already the eggs have been incubating for 2 weeks!
Here is another update on the weight loss of the emu eggs.

3/23/16

Emu egg "A" weighs 524 grams (-18 grams)

Emu egg "B" weighs 556 grams (-18 grams)

Emu egg "C" weighs 613 grams (-17 grams)

Emu egg "D" weighs 889 grams (-25 grams)

Overall everything has been going well. The humidity and temperature maintenance are pretty steady and of course I am still turning them 180 degrees every 8 hours.
The weight loss seems much more consistent this second week, but I have no educated answer to why that is.
1f914.png

I just weighed mine for week 5. It is so weird to keep turning and weighing and have no idea what is happening inside! I thought I saw some movement in a couple of the eggs today, if it wasn't my imagination. Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom