HATCHING 938 GRAM DOUBLE YOLK EMU EGG.

I just weighed mine for week 5. It is so weird to keep turning and weighing and have no idea what is happening inside! I thought I saw some movement in a couple of the eggs today, if it wasn't my imagination. Good luck with yours!
Yes the struggle of not being able to candle those eggs
1f629.png
. You need a lot of patience and dark to hatch emu eggs for sure. On congrats on the possible wiggle!! That's super exciting
1f606.png

3/30/16

Today completes the third week of incubation.
Here is an update of all the eggs weight loss.

Egg "A" weighs 507 grams (-17 grams).

Egg "B" weighs 535 grams (-21 grams).

Egg "C" weighs 599 grams (-14 grams).

Egg "D" weighs 868 grams (-21 grams).

Heat and humidity have stayed the same. Still turning eggs 180 degrees back and forth every 8 hours.
Weight loss has been optimal
1f44c-1f3fd.png

Everything looks good so far.

Last edited:
How are your eggs doing Corny? I've seen wiggles from some of mine :woot
Wonderful to hear you getting wiggles !! How many days have your eggs been incubating?
My eggs seem all good except my double yolker. You know how when you tap the shell with your fingernail it should give a sharp "click!" Soon before it hatches and the membranes separates from the shell? Well, the double Yorker Is already giving me that sound Far before it should, while all the other eggs aren't. Still staying optimistic though
1f44d-1f3fd.png

Wonderful to hear you getting wiggles !! How many days have your eggs been incubating?
My eggs seem all good except my double yolker. You know how when you tap the shell with your fingernail it should give a sharp "click!" Soon before it hatches and the membranes separates from the shell? Well, the double Yorker Is already giving me that sound Far before it should, while all the other eggs aren't. Still staying optimistic though
1f44d-1f3fd.png

I believe my first 4 eggs are on day 35 or 36. I'd have to check my notes. 3 of those 4 are wiggling and looking good. The other has started loosing weight too rapidly. When I tap that one, it sounds like a "tink, tink". The others are more of a "thump". My second batch of 4 haven't had much going on, but they're a week behind the others. They all thump when I tap them though!

@Corny Caleb How are your eggs doing? I had to toss 3 of mine, so I'm left with 5. One is peeping though! Day 51 for my first eggs and day 46 for the rest :fl

@Corny Caleb How are your eggs doing? I had to toss 3 of mine, so I'm left with 5. One is peeping though! Day 51 for my first eggs and day 46 for the rest
fl.gif
Hey sorry for such a late response and no updates on the eggs. my phone had a random severe software issues and shutdown (my main blog updating piece of tech lol). I ordered the new IPhone SE and they are taking ETERNITY to ship it too me ugh. ( sorry for the rant). AWESOME to hear that one of yours is peeping!

So quick EMU EGG UPDATE. all the eggs have continued to lose weight at a reasonable pace. but about a week ago i sadly had to kick the double yolk emu egg out of the bator since it started leaking and had that high pitch "tink" far to early. it didn't really surprise me, but i was still hoping i would get freakishly lucky and be able to hatch it lol. Emu egg A, and C or wiggling a LOT and today is the 50th day of incubation and emu egg A is jumping about a LOT and is whistling a TON. so right after i post this update I'm going to drop the link to the ustream so anyone can wait and watch it pip if they would like.

Back
Top Bottom