Hatching chickens on last days

What should I feed the baby chicks once moved to brooder that are usually kitchen held items
Chicks need starter crumble. Pure and simple. They should not be given anything more than that the first couple of days and then treating with egg is acceptable. Other treats as they grow need to be given only with grit or the ability to range in dirt.

I always use the save a chick for at least the first three days after hatch.

What differences do you notice using this vs straight water? I can say that I had a chick that took what seemed like forever to hatch on my last round. When she came out she looked like death warmed over! I really did not think she was going to make it. She was my last chick to hatch and so I left her in the bator over night. When I woke up the next morning she was still just laying there. She had not moved from that spot over night. I ended up pulling her out, gave her a few drop of Nutri Drench and a drink of water. Within an hour she was up and running around with the other chicks. I really believe it was the Nutri Drench. So I was just wondering if you found giving the electrolytes you noticed lively chicks sooner? Kind of a little jump start.

Chicks need starter crumble. Pure and simple. They should not be given anything more than that the first couple of days and then treating with egg is acceptable. Other treats as they grow need to be given only with grit or the ability to range in dirt.

x2! Feeding them "adult" feed can even cause then medical issues and cause damage to internal organs.

What differences do you notice using this vs straight water? I can say that I had a chick that took what seemed like forever to hatch on my last round. When she came out she looked like death warmed over! I really did not think she was going to make it. She was my last chick to hatch and so I left her in the bator over night. When I woke up the next morning she was still just laying there. She had not moved from that spot over night. I ended up pulling her out, gave her a few drop of Nutri Drench and a drink of water. Within an hour she was up and running around with the other chicks. I really believe it was the Nutri Drench. So I was just wondering if you found giving the electrolytes you noticed lively chicks sooner? Kind of a little jump start.
I have never used straight water for my incubated chicks. From my very first hatch I have always had sav a chick in the water because my sister told me to...lol But I have always had healthy chicks and I have only ever had 2 die after going in the brooder. One I believe to have had digestive problems died 9 days later and one I think got over ran by the others because it was as healthy and big as can be and I found it flattened in the bottom of the brooder. It was also my hatch that hatched out 33 chicks, so there was a lot. I wonder if during vacuuming or something spooked them and they charged one end and took that one down??? Not sure. I think electrolytes do them good after hatch. They are always lively and active. I have heard excellent things about nutri drench too. Lots of people swear by that as well.

Back
Top Bottom