Hatching chicks pipped, then died why?

Talked to her today. She said she did an egg-topsy, and when she cracked it there was a bunch of yellowy fluid that came out of two of the eggs. I'm not sure how many went into lockdown, or if these eggs were the same ones that died after pip, but does that signify anything?
I'm thinking they rotated and closed off the pip. She said they had started to zip, but then died. Any idea how that can be prevented in the future? Is there really anyway to know how to react in time to help?
I was just talking to my husband about this how no matter how much we prepare for losses it still sucks. I try to figure out what an why but sometimes that's just the gamble with Hatching and owning chickens.

Shipped eggs are such a gamble. I had shipped eggs recently & out of 12 eggs only 3 hatched.
Same, I think the shipping process makes it breaks the success of the hatch rate. I had one set sent to me and only one egg survived to develop. The rest had been scrambled, had weird air cells that wouldn’t settle, and several started and quit in the first day. I had another set of 14 that only traveled 3 hours by mail and only 3 survived. I had 9 go into lockdown and several pipped and died in the shell. I think lots of times things must go wrong that we don’t see. I still mourn each one though 😢

Back
Top Bottom