Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

@chickens really , we're rooting for that little one!
yippiechickie.gif
As an only duckling, it sounds like s/he will be horribly spoiled...lol

Thanks.....First egg that I know of that is spoiled rotten....Once it hatches it will be a totally spoiled baby.....I love Ducklings almost to a fault.......I appreciate all the help from everyone I have been getting....
Without
@RavynFallen
@WVduckchick

I would be a total nut case without the help of the two great people.......Fingers crossed.......I have every expectation that it will hatch....He is looking great in his egg....As far as I know it is going as it should?

End of the week and I will post pictures.........?

Cheers!

Bringing Lily, the Black Call in was way to stressful for her.....QUACK was all I heard for over an hour...Tried bringing Penelope in to calm her and she only got worse...I had to clean up the shavings and straw that was kicked everywhere......She was way to scared....Plan B......I candled the Bouncer this morning and it appears that he has turned and has his Bill close to the air cell now? or I could be wrong?....Hard when this is my first time...All looks great though...He was moving as much as a squashed Duckling can move in an egg...lol....

WOW....I think this is actually going to work....How exciting.....!

Thanks for the support....I will update as soon as he pips!.....
wee.gif

Cheers!!!

Bringing Lily, the Black Call in was way to stressful for her.....QUACK was all I heard for over an hour...Tried bringing Penelope in to calm her and she only got worse...I had to clean up the shavings and straw that was kicked everywhere......She was way to scared....Plan B......I candled the Bouncer this morning and it appears that he has turned and has his Bill close to the air cell now? or I could be wrong?....Hard when this is my first time...All looks great though...He was moving as much as a squashed Duckling can move in an egg...lol....

WOW....I think this is actually going to work....How exciting.....!

Thanks for the support....I will update as soon as he pips!.....
wee.gif

Cheers!!!
Aww well bless her heart. I know your excited about bouncer we all are too can't wait to see the lil bouncer.
fl.gif

Yes....Bouncer will be the BYD Mascot for all the trouble and excitement his hatch has caused.....I will start a new thread once he hatches with pictures....What a spoiled Duckling and he has not even hatched yet!....One thing for sure....If I can hatch this egg? Then anyone can!!..... lol!!........His chances were slim in the beginning....We now can see the finish line!!! .....Yippeee!!!!!

I am off to buy Duckling starter today and a mirror for him/her........I am that confident it will hatch out, without complications.....Please everyone keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for Bouncer.......Thank You.......

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes....Bouncer will be the BYD Mascot for all the trouble and excitement his hatch has caused.....I will start a new thread once he hatches with pictures....What a spoiled Duckling and he has not even hatched yet!....One thing for sure....If I can hatch this egg? Then anyone can!!..... lol!!........His chances were slim in the beginning....We now can see the finish line!!! .....Yippeee!!!!!

I am off to buy Duckling starter today and a mirror for him/her........I am that confident it will hatch out, without complications.....Please everyone keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for Bouncer.......Thank You.......

Cheers!

:fl

Cheers!

:fl

Back
Top Bottom