Hatching female chicks method

Ok I have some results for you all. I put 5 bantam eggs in my fridge for one day and a half. (It should have been two) anyways they were all pointed, but all five hatched I got 3 boys and 2 girls. :idunno

I think anytime you use an "egg sexing" technique and it actually proves true it is purely coincidental. One cannot do 1 or 2 experiments that prove true and think that it will always be true. If any of these methods were true, commercial hatcheries would be using them and saving all their money that they use hiring chick sexers.

Yes I agree mak. I have to think there's at least a couple techniques out there for hatching female chicks. Does anybody else have anymore ideas/results?

I'm starting to think I have 3 girls now out of the bantams I hatched. I'm not positive yet, but we'll see. Any thoughts, ideas or results anyone? :)

I think egg shape is based off of then hen who lays it. My Buff Orpington lays narrow, very long pointed eggs and all her babies have been female!

As for temp, I believe that lower temps produce females! My last hatch in a still air (should be at 102") I incubated at 99.5 which is low for a still air. Only 4/21 were male!!!
How many didn’t hatch. That’s the real out come since male and females are determined by the hen at ovulation. So most of the hatched where female. as the males would die before hatch date due to lower temps. I would like to know how many didn’t hatch.

Back
Top Bottom