Hawaiian quail adventure.

IMG_20180126_090342.jpg
We are in hawaii and even in the winter our temps never drop too far below 60 even at night. These little guys huddled close the first few days as its not cold but definitely not as warm in the growout as it is in the brooder.

After culling excess males we added these hens to the rest of our covey and we are up to 57 hens. We get almost an egg a day from each of our girls and have since hatched another batch of 70 eggs to hopefully fill the rest of our cages.

Do you have snakes in your area? I am in the Bahamas, I tried the wire bottom cages outside but little snakes came in and I used to find them in the morning...stuck in the cage...like a bicycle inner tube with ping pong balls in them... all my chicks gone..

Do you have snakes in your area? I am in the Bahamas, I tried the wire bottom cages outside but little snakes came in and I used to find them in the morning...stuck in the cage...like a bicycle inner tube with ping pong balls in them... all my chicks gone..
We have snakes the size of worms. They are blind 3-5 inches long and eat ant larvae. They anything bigger than that would be in a zoo as snakes are invasive and not legal to own in Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom