hawk attack

This little bugger has taken at least 8 of my chicks , ranging in age from 6-12 weeks. If the way all my full grown birds hide when he is above is any indication, I'd say he'd have a go if he was hungry enough.
I use Terramycin spray on everything from torn fetlock , goats horn ripped clean from the head to recovering bumble foot surgery. Cetrigen and otiderm are also good wound care products.

This little bugger has taken at least 8 of my chicks , ranging in age from 6-12 weeks. If the way all my full grown birds hide when he is above is any indication, I'd say he'd have a go if he was hungry enough.
I use Terramycin spray on everything from torn fetlock , goats horn ripped clean from the head to recovering bumble foot surgery. Cetrigen and otiderm are also good wound care products.

Do you have access to gameroosters of the working variety, not bantam or show? If you cam make so chicks and rooster have access to cover then when your what looks like a forest falcon follows them in he will get his butt kicked and learn to leave chickens alone.

Beautiful hawk, I have never seen a white one before but have never been to Tasmania before. I would love to visit. Many years ago when I was in high school we had a lovely Tasmanian girl who was a foreign exchange student named Robyn Wingrave.

Beautiful hawk, I have never seen a white one before but have never been to Tasmania before. I would love to visit. Many years ago when I was in high school we had a lovely Tasmanian girl who was a foreign exchange student named Robyn Wingrave.

Yes it is a beautiful white goshawk and knowing that it struggles to hunt makes it hard to begrudge him a meal. I just wish it wasn't my babies. We also have nesting sea eagles and swamp harriers but the dogs keep them away. Yes I'm a little bias but Tasmania is a lovely place to be. We have a friend with the same surname , we call him ' digger '.

As nasty as it is to have your flock threatened, they truly are beautiful creatures. Today when the guy was bashing around in our yard, I was at the same time admiring it's beauty and trying to chase it away form our chickens. That white color on your bird does seem like it would put it at an disadvantage...

Back
Top Bottom