Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Hi I am very new to OEGB was given a rumples OEGB hen and I would like to find find a rumples roo for her. She is super sweet and really tiny. She was with a rumples roo in a very small cage and he broke his neck. That's how I got her. I've not found much on rumples OEGB. So any info would be great. Hopefully getting some pics of her soon. Thank you

Last edited:
What size leg bands should I purchase for my OEG? Hoping to try showing some this fall. Will be my first attemp at getting a chicken ready for a show.

You don't need to put leg bands on your birds to show them you know or did you want them for some other purpose.

if you can find a regular OEGB that is the same color i believe that about 50% of there baby's should be rump-less...
Hi I am very new to OEGB was given a rumples OEGB hen and I would like to find find a rumples roo for her. She is super sweet and really tiny. She was with a rumples roo in a very small cage and he broke his neck. That's how I got her. I've not found much on rumples OEGB. So any info would be great. Hopefully getting some pics of her soon. Thank you

I was under the impression that leg bands were required for exhibition. I would like to use them for record keeping at home though.
A numbered leg band is required to show a bird. The number on the leg needs to match the number on the exibition card. I can't remember the size number but most poultry catalogs have a chart that show which size goes for each breed. I thinks is a size 5 or 6, but I'm not sure.
After a show I always take the numbered leg bands off. I've started using colored zip ties. I can remember a color better than a number. Of course I also write everything down. I have seen birds with 5 different bands on the same leg.
hu.gif

Last edited:
I've been showing oegb for a couple of years and have earned points. You don't have to have bands. Some people who have a lot of birds do band in order to tell them apart. I've mostly seen the colored spiral bands used. I've accumulated enough birds now that I'm going to have to start banding, but I have several where I only have a pair of some varieties and there was no need. They were shown with no bands at all and still won BVs.

Back
Top Bottom