Help!!! Agressive Roo...big Daddy...DREW BLOOD PIC. ON 3RD PAGE

omgosh, that is a horrible wound. hope that it is better soon. dang.

Have you thought to enter the coop at dusk or right after he goes to roost, take him off and just hold him? I can not catch my BO roo any other way, but about once a week I will get him off the roost and 'cuddle' with him. Then again, I have had this roo since he was a chick and we seem to have an understanding... ( least I think so....! ) IS this a bird you have raised from a chick?

Animals can sense fear, so if you show him you aren't afraid he may back off. If he comes at you, kick at him without hitting him.Act a little aggresive to show him you are the "alpha dog". If he keeps it up, introduce him to the crock pot!

2txmedics, was wondering if you had an update to your problem roo? Did you try all the things and how did they work? Are you digesting a roo or still have him in your flock?
tongue.png

I'm sorry maybe I missed this but do you have any other roo's of any kind? I know I read you gave away 6 of them but I didn't read if you have any other ones. If you do can you put big Daddy somewhere by himself until the other roo becomes the dominant roo then he can put big daddy in his place. I did that with my RIR and now the smaller one is the main man and the larger one runs from him. That may put him in his place.

I have been watching this post for a while and I feel your pain. I just re-homed 2 roos yesterday and cried like a baby. I had 2 very sweet silkie roos, one of them bit me twice on Saturday and drew blood, just glad it was me and not my kids....yet I continue to grieve and cry go figure...just kept thinking about if it was Big daddy that got me....

Eat him!! Some roos calm down but yours is old enough now that he should be starting to already. I would go in and have someone watch your back when he gos for you have them grab his legs and hold him upside down. They really don't like that. I have one that is needing to go far far away he comes after me i send a dog after him. They chase him all over the yard. They get chased and if they crow after wards they get chased again. I don't let them save face. My main roo will get his feathers in a bunch once in a whille i just tell him in a mean voice, Snack i am not the in mood. And hes like oh crap she saw me never mind. He was horrible for months. I was scared to go in the coop so my hubby had to. He grew out of it though. I will never trust any roo 100% but hes as close as i'll get. He chases the dogs and will come up to me and get between me and the dogs. He also gets in front of cars coming in the drive and has to give them the once over before he allows them in the yard. He considers me part of his flock now. I'm the alpha but i have a feeling he would protect me. He even runs off the the other roos if he can if their to close to me.

Quote:
too bad i don't live closer .... i am good at getting the aggression out of animals --- me and the wife rescued a boxer and when we got her she was super aggressive towards the wife and other animals .... she stayed that way until the wife finally relented and allowed me to do what needed to be done to get the aggression out of her

within an hour i had her meek and submissive --- even 2 years later she is just a big sweetey

I also have a barn called "pseudo-solitary confinment". If you put two fighting roosters in the closed barn for about 5 minutes they will calm down and try to see where they are. Shock of a strange enviroment can calm roosters. Try keeping yours in solitary for a very SHORT amount of time.Don't put him in too often,or there won't be anymore shock.Also, roosters like to show off with their girls, so separate them for a short amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom