Help! Casey (My Duck) has a prolapse! First time treatment for me.

I am so relieved to hear she laid her egg and had no trouble this time. How precious of her to climb in you lap and drape her head over your shoulder. Wish you could have gotten a pic of that. Sounds like everything is getting back to normal , hope you both can get some much needed rest.
hugs.gif
Isn't Yvonne doing GREAT!!!
clap.gif
I know how far out of her element she is and she is doing a bang up job!!! I wish I could be there helping her, but looks like she's doing fine on her own. As for that picture @Miss Lydia ... Someone took a selfie at that time and sent it to me. It didn't come out so great because the window was over her shoulder... But a little contrast and brightness adjustment, and we have a very concerned momma (or mama
wink.png
) with a sweet little duck looking for comfort:

Isn't Yvonne doing GREAT!!!
clap.gif
I know how far out of her element she is and she is doing a bang up job!!! I wish I could be there helping her, but looks like she's doing fine on her own. As for that picture @Miss Lydia ... Someone took a selfie at that time and sent it to me. It didn't come out so great because the window was over her shoulder... But a little contrast and brightness adjustment, and we have a very concerned momma (or mama
wink.png
) with a sweet little duck looking for comfort:
Oh my gosh how precious. and yes Yvonne is doing an awesome job..
thumbsup.gif

[I hope when you get home Yvonne doesn't slap you for putting that pic up] I love it though.
love.gif

@Amiga, @Miss Lydia: First off, I hate this text editor! Even the voice typing option is horrible.. It acts as if Im speaking a different language. Maybe I should try speaking German? *chuckles* .. Well, now that I have gotten that off my chest I feel better..

Casey is doing well. She got her meds this morning and enjoyed a bath. Quite happy and ornery today - and snuggly...
Tony has a great pic that I texted him. Hhe will need to upload it for you since I am apparently incapable of performing the simplest actions on this site.

No egg thus far which is great news. She's hanging out in the dark kennel, preening away. Every few hours I let her out for some water and wormies. Regular feed is presently not on her "want" list and I cannot seem to convince her that she needs to eat properly. Kids!

We got a truckload of snow the past 2 days and are supposed to get even more ovenright w a low of -23F so I will have to drive into town and get some bedding and straw for the flock and some lettuce... I don't want to leave Casey by herself but don't think I have much of a choice. Leaving here in a few minutes. So bye for now.

@Amiga, @Miss Lydia: First off, I hate this text editor! Even the voice typing option is horrible.. It acts as if Im speaking a different language. Maybe I should try speaking German? *chuckles* .. Well, now that I have gotten that off my chest I feel better..

Casey is doing well. She got her meds this morning and enjoyed a bath. Quite happy and ornery today - and snuggly...
Tony has a great pic that I texted him. Hhe will need to upload it for you since I am apparently incapable of performing the simplest actions on this site.

No egg thus far which is great news. She's hanging out in the dark kennel, preening away. Every few hours I let her out for some water and wormies. Regular feed is presently not on her "want" list and I cannot seem to convince her that she needs to eat properly. Kids!

We got a truckload of snow the past 2 days and are supposed to get even more ovenright w a low of -23F so I will have to drive into town and get some bedding and straw for the flock and some lettuce... I don't want to leave Casey by herself but don't think I have much of a choice. Leaving here in a few minutes. So bye for now.
. Yay great news about Casey sounds like she is a very spoiled lil Duckie. I think she'll be fine while your gone.

We have seen the sweet pic of you and Casey.. So glad she hasn't laid or tried to lay again..

Stay safe and warm and send some snow our way we're getting the frigid temps but no snow. Not -23 though just single digits. Oh my you all are hardy folks lol
Ducks too.

@Miss Lydia, @Amiga: i am going to dispense w proper typing and punctuation since this editor is so lousy...
nah shes only a teensy bit spoiled lol. .. read online this morning that fresh greens should be fed after prolapse. se went and bought redleaf and greenleaf lettuce. couldnt get casey to eat her pellet feed but she ate 2 large leaves off ea lettuce. just gave her her night meds and used the cream on her sore parts- followed up by water and some lettuce again. yay - and still no egg. i am soooo happy right now. but she has been having these super explosive incredibly foul liquid poops (cleanup aisle 3.. ) since yesterday. hopefully from not eating properly nothing else.... well thats ourvupdate. thanks for being there and caring so much. it means the world. hugs

@Miss Lydia: you are welcome to all the snow we are supposed to get - another 3-5 inches on Friday - cuz as far as i am concerned, we already have enough. dont need any more lol ive been clearing paths for us and the ducks and right now it seems all that work was for naught cuz it snowed right on top of it. thus far casey still has not laid an egg and seems to be doing just great. i can see the difference in her demeanor. she is much more active out of her kennel and wants to go exploring... and it is just nice seeing her healing so well. i hope tony will upload the other adorable pic of her soon - hint hint hubby - ivtook it this morning. she decided to rest her bill in my winter top - soo cute. well it is time to give my girlie more water and then we need to get to bed. good night and type at ya soon... hugs

@Miss Lydia: you are welcome to all the snow we are supposed to get - another 3-5 inches on Friday - cuz as far as i am concerned, we already have enough. dont need any more lol ive been clearing paths for us and the ducks and right now it seems all that work was for naught cuz it snowed right on top of it. thus far casey still has not laid an egg and seems to be doing just great. i can see the difference in her demeanor. she is much more active out of her kennel and wants to go exploring... and it is just nice seeing her healing so well. i hope tony will upload the other adorable pic of her soon - hint hint hubby - ivtook it this morning. she decided to rest her bill in my winter top - soo cute. well it is time to give my girlie more water and then we need to get to bed. good night and type at ya soon... hugs
Tut mir leid! Das Bild war früher nicht da. Ich liebe Dich. Bis bald!

One picture as requested
big_smile.png

Tut mir leid! Das Bild war früher nicht da. Ich liebe Dich. Bis bald!

One picture as requested
big_smile.png
Oh my gosh that is just adorable. She loves her Mama Dux.

The reason for foul nasty poops is probably meds and not eating so maybe you should try making her a nice soupy feed .Warm water into her feed to where it is drinkable.Small amt to start with, you could even chop a little lettuce over to entice. Sounds like she is coming along great and your doing a great job with her. As we all can see.
Thanks for updating.

Send it on. If it's going to be in the teens and below might as well have some pretty snow to top it off.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom