Help eggs pipped day 25

You need expertise from @RavynFallen

Or @FoodFreedomNow Both know hatching in bators..

I only know under a duck chicken or goose. lol
Oh, sorry I though you would know about this kind of thing.
hide.gif

I have 11 that have pipped (have holes and can see the bills) the membrane is stuck to them. 9 have pipped in the air pocket and 1 breech and 1 on the side.
It has been 24hrs for several and they have not moved just breathe and wiggle. They have worked the shell off around their beaks so you can see they look stuck.
Do I just leave them?!?

I have 11 that have pipped (have holes and can see the bills) the membrane is stuck to them. 9 have pipped in the air pocket and 1 breech and 1 on the side.
It has been 24hrs for several and they have not moved just breathe and wiggle. They have worked the shell off around their beaks so you can see they look stuck.
Do I just leave them?!?
Yes. Just leave them. Ducks can take up to 48 hours to hatch. Helping too much, too soon can be fatal. Just be patient and keep the humidity as high as possible.

Do I just leave them?!?
It may be a while. Keeping an eye on the humidity is all there really is to do for now.

hugs.gif

You have to wait it out. Prepare (mentally) for any outcome. Many of mine pipped "early" and were a-okay, others didn't make it. Fingers crossed for you!

We have been gone all day (my son and daughter had doctors apts in our next town and ugh they have strep :/ )
When we got home 2 have hatched! There is still a lot of junk inside the egg but they are wobbling around the incubator.
2 more are almost out and there are a few that the membranes have turned dark brown and look hard. The ducklings are breathing but look pretty stuck.
Will they be ok hatching on day 26? And with that much stuff still in their eggs?

My daughter was looking through the window right when #3 hatched!! You can clearly see it still has yolk in the egg??? It is detached and everywhere. We havent opened the incubator so going to try to take a picture...my windows are all scratchy.

#3 was fine and I guess it was goo but it looked just like yolk....
All 11that pipped have hatched! The 4 that showed no movement we disected this morning. 1 had made it to the internal pip stage but never the external. 2 never made it to the internal pip and the last one was so breech and twisted that its beak would have NEVER made to pip anywhere.
The last 4 that hatched are still in the incubator and the rest are in the brooder box doing really good. One did have a yolk sack still attached but it was very small so it is almost absorbed. Once the last chick hatched I took all the yucky stuff out and put in a clean towl for them to lay on.
Some in the brooder box still have hard membrane stuck to them and look wet but are dry and crunchy. When is it ok to wash that stuff off and introduce them to water? They have found the drinking water and of coarse love it!
The 2 breech ducklings were stuck in very awkward positions and couldnt move. I helped this morning (all bloodvessels were gone and once I openend it a tad and put in the bator they came right out.
One has a gimpy leg from how distorted it was in the egg.
Is there any way to brace it to straighten it out?

Back
Top Bottom