Help! first time hatching!

Grrr just walked in to one of my nearby TSC to get more feed and bedding, I had to check out their babies, poor duckies had not a drop of water
1f620.png
all the chicks had feed and because they aren't duckies I'm sure they don't make a mess of their water. I told a cashier, she said "oh its because they splash in it all day"
1f612.png
1f612.png
I said, "oh I know they do, but they need to have access to water if you're going to leave feed in there. She did nothing!
1f620.png
I looked for a kid not doing much and told him to please give the duckies water, he said ok thanks and he gave them some water
1f60a.png

Ugh! (end rant)

Last edited:
Grrr just walked in to one of my nearby TSC to get more feed and bedding, I had to check out their babies, poor duckies had not a drop of water
1f620.png
all the chicks had feed and because they aren't duckies I'm sure they don't make a mess of their water. I told a cashier, she said "oh its because they splash in it all day"
1f612.png
1f612.png
I said, "oh I know they do, but they need to have access to water if you're going to leave feed in there. She did nothing!
1f620.png
I looked for a kid not doing much and told him to please give the duckies water, he said ok thanks and he gave them some water
1f60a.png

Ugh! (end rant)
I have done that before to, but I stay completely away from TSC now during chick days can't see suffering babies like that and no one cares. .

I have done that before to, but I stay completely away from TSC now during chick days can't see suffering babies like that and no one cares. .

Yea, my usual TSC is pretty awesome (this one recently opened and is in a bigger city) I was shocked when they looked so "scruffy" I'm going to need to check up on them

Yea, my usual TSC is pretty awesome (this one recently opened and is in a bigger city) I was shocked when they looked so "scruffy" I'm going to need to check up on them
Thankfully the closest TSC to us is 25 miles one way which is a good thing or I'd probably be all over them. Poor babies I hope you can help.

Thankfully the closest TSC to us is 25 miles one way which is a good thing or I'd probably be all over them. Poor babies I hope you can help.

Ha! My closest one is just as far, but living in the country, it's pretty much the distance you have to travel to get anywhere!

I always feel bad for the babies but the ones at my tsc are normally ok. Two of the workers and the manager are in 4h and take care of them just fine. There was 2 that I saw once that had splayed legs and the one worker put up a sign that read "Do not sell two chicks with hurt legs. I am taking home to fix them." I do not know if he actually did though...

I always feel bad for the babies but the ones at my tsc are normally ok. Two of the workers and the manager are in 4h and take care of them just fine. There was 2 that I saw once that had splayed legs and the one worker put up a sign that read "Do not sell two chicks with hurt legs. I am taking home to fix them." I do not know if he actually did though...

Aww that was nice, yea my closer one sounds the same they are very small town and helpful
1f60a.png

I have 2 TSCs within 45 minutes of me. Also have 2 Rural Kings. Anyone have any experience with RK? We found the further one about a year ago, and then they opened one 5 miles from my house a few months ago! Good lord, we go there too often lol. Alot like TSC but they sell guns and food and are just alot bigger than TSC. My SIL bought some banties a couple weeks ago and they seem to be doing great. They said they would get ducks again about mid-March. They had a group that sold out before I got to see them!

Back
Top Bottom