HELP! I have 60 seconds to convince commissioners

The commissioner that was wishy washy had financial concerns- that we would need extra city employees to handle complaints...

LOL, this is always the go to excuse, and to be blunt it's become comical... Nationwide this excuse of excess work load simply never materializes and the normal ordinance officer for your municipality can easy handle the very few complaints that come in about chickens... If they really want to reduce the workload ban dogs, just listen to any police scanner there isn't a day or night that goes by that someone isn't calling in a barking dog complaint or reporting a dog at large...

A little update...

After being scheduled, cancelled, rescheduled, and cancelled again.... The official vote has been pushed until after the elections in November. Looks like the commissioners want us to vote before they decide the fate of the chicken ordinance. Gotta love politics!

A little update...

After being scheduled, cancelled, rescheduled, and cancelled again.... The official vote has been pushed until after the elections in November. Looks like the commissioners want us to vote before they decide the fate of the chicken ordinance. Gotta love politics!

May I suggest you have all friends, family and any pro-chicken people compile a list of all people running for office... Once that list is compiled pass it around to all those friends, family and pro-chicken people and have them call/email everyone on that list and inquire about their stance on the 'chicken' issue, do one round of calls/emails ASAP, then do another in a month and again another right before election time... Don't reveal that you are pro or con on the issue when you call or email so you get more honest answers... Or you could use two email addresses and play the pro and con side disclosure to see if the people running are just telling you want you want to hear...

My daughter is getting prepared to petition our city right now. We are the only town in our wntire county that does not allow chickens. And we are one of the most residential/rural towns around! I suggest you contact your state representatives or senators. If you find one or more that is on board with backyard chickens they would be a powerful asset! Our state rep recently helped the next city over from us get their ordinance reversed! He agreed to assist my daughter now. Not a guaranteed win, but definitely a stronger case! Happy Day :D

This commissioner is angry that we are trying to get this ordinance passed and an ordinance regarding equal rights wasn't passed LAST YEAR. She said if we don't care about people, we shouldn't care about chickens. I'm not sure how equal rights relate to chicken ownership, but okay. Lol...
Someone needs to explain to this commissioner that the right to food sustainability *is* a human rights issue, and that all human rights issues are linked at their core to freedom.

Back
Top Bottom