HELP!!! Intestines (?) is coming out from butt!!

How are the girls doing???
D.gif

My girl went outside last Saturday but yesterday my daughter found her in the coop, bleeding from her butt, but no prolapsed vent.
I took her inside just in case and she laid egg.
After laying egg, I saw dark red stuff on her butt so I thought she is prolapsed again and getting ready for warm bath.
Then I was trying to clean her (like 5mins later) and found out it went back inside.

I'm not sure she is healed or not... She is still in the cage right now.
I made new thread and asked but "euthanize her" was the only answer I got...

Looks like she laid egg again last night. 2eggs?? How is it possible??
She got egg yolk all over her legs and feet.
I gave her warm bath again but she looks so down today
sad.png

Well my Nefertiti seems to be doing better (Thank the Lord because Im going out of town this weekend)

she keeps it all tucked back in by herself and Ive sprayed her rear with blu-kote. Im not sure if shes laying eggs because shes back in with the rest of the chickens. I know shes not 100% because ive seen her strain when trying to poop, but she always pulls it back in!

My hen has a prolapsed vent too. Just saw it on Wednesday.I have her inside .She has not laid,but I also did not cover the cage to deter it. She is pooping and not prolapsing. Not sure when I will put her back in the flock due to the rooster.Hope your hens heal!

I think my x-prolapsed vent girl laid egg today. My daughter found egg with little bit blood on it.
Checked her butt and it's clean!! No prolapse!!
I think and I hope she is healed!!!

Our avian vet always recommends PREP-H for prolapse, just put on a glove or not if you're brave and smear some inside and out... helps! Saved a few of ours.

Hope all is well now.

I think my girl is HEALED!!!!
wee.gif

I got 5eggs yesterday and day before.
I have 5chickens so everyone laid eggs for 2days.
NO BLOOD ON ANY EGGS!!!! And she got clean butt!!
I'm so happy
smile.png
Thank you for all your help!!!

Back
Top Bottom