HELP!!! Intestines (?) is coming out from butt!!

Wondering how she's doing? I find if a hen is eggbound, putting her in a warm bath for a while loosens up the muscles so she can pass the egg.

Did you give her some calcium? That should help this.

She laid egg!!! About after 10:30pm last night, she started to push again.
I helped her to lay egg, supporting her and said "push!!!!". That was great experience. I feel like I became a grandma.
After she laid egg, her butt wasn't that great....
But I cleaned up her and put prep H on.
She pooped so many times since last night but her butt is still looks like normal butt!!! No red!!!
That's good sign, right??
I put heavier cover on her cage so hopefully no more eggs.
I'm so happy
smile.png
I hope she feel better soon.

OMG, she is trying to lay egg again!
She is in the dark cage and eating grower feed and scratch.
I thought that makes stop laying, but I guess not
sad.png

She was the first one start laying eggs and she laid pretty good during the winter.
That's pretty good for normal condition chicken but not for her!!!

The downer to the PH is that it constricts the muscles that relaxes and allows the egg to expel. I don't know it's a double edged sword...maybe an epsom warm water bath would help her. Just a thought. Good luck!

Quote:
Since it could only be a few more days, especially if the prolapse has returned inside, she should really be on just a cracked corn....there is still a LOT Of protein in the grower feed...I am SO happy that she passed the egg and the prolapse has gone back in for now!

She laid another egg today. I was helping her this morning but she couldn't pass it.
I had to go to the meeting so I left her in the cage and she laid egg without help.
My daughter said her intestines came out bigger than last time and had to push it back.
I just checked her and she pooped but no prolapse.
Going to clean her butt and feed her.
I will take grower feed off and just give her scratch.

She didn't lay eggs for 2days now so her butt looks normal, too.
But I should wait another week or so to take her outside again, correct??

Back
Top Bottom