Help last day of lockdown!

You can dampen it using a q tip and warm water, being careful not to get water in the bill. Or you can use an antibacterial ointment without anesthetic. It lasts longer. May sure humidity remains around 75%.

The humidity has been between 72 and 76.I will try the q tip I am nervous to harm the duck!

If it is hard and dry, use a qtip and vaseline is better if you have it... otherwise, take a deep breath, be patient and wait... :)
Thry take much longer than chicks to come out... as long as it can breath and isn't stuck in, it should be fine... btw, make sure you don't get the vaseline/ointment in the nares...
I had one take 3 days to finish hatching... she is now my favorite little mob boss, lol...

Last edited:
If it is hard and dry, use a qtip and vaseline is better if you have it... otherwise, take a deep breath, be patient and wait... :)
Thry take much longer than chicks to come out... as long as it can breath and isn't stuck in, it should be fine... btw, make sure you don't get the vaseline/ointment in the nares...
I had one take 3 days to finish hatching... she is now my favorite little mob boss, lol...

Thanks petal.

It is not uncommon for ducks to take even up to 48 hours from pip to zip. Dont panic!! You should continue to hear peeping, so as long as they don't sound distressed, let them do their thing. As long as they are getting air from the pip hole, just try to be patient. How big is the pip hole? Can you post a pic?

:highfive:

Last edited:
It is not uncommon for ducks to take even up to 48 hours from pip to zip. Dont panic!! You should continue to hear peeping, so as long as they don't sound distressed, let them do their thing. As long as they are getting air from the pip hole, just try to be patient. How big is the pip hole? Can you post a pic?

Thanks for rescue.

Back
Top Bottom