HELP! lockdown humidity

dude, I had a flock of Rhode Island Reds a few years ago who ate the HEAVY DUTY STYROFOAM that my stepdad used to insulate their coop. it made the eggs taste funny, but the chickens

dude, I had a flock of Rhode Island Reds a few years ago who ate the HEAVY DUTY STYROFOAM that my stepdad used to insulate their coop. it made the eggs taste funny, but the chickens were fine.

They really do eat anything hahaha

I was nervous my first time hatching too, who new you could spend so much time staring at an incubator🤣 But 80+ chicks later I still find it fascinating! Post pics when your littles hatch🥰

I was nervous my first time hatching too, who new you could spend so much time staring at an incubator🤣 But 80+ chicks later I still find it fascinating! Post pics when your littles hatch🥰

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 6
What day are you on?
22 currently, the 3 hatched at the end of 21. The one about to zip hasn’t zipped more than one more hole next to original pip, but is still chirping, I’ve removed the three chicks from the bator because they kept turning that egg upside down. Brooder is right next to the incubator so chicks are still communicating when they’re not napping. I’m not sure if I should assist, there’s been no progress for around 8 hours, but it’s still wiggling and chirping.

22 currently, the 3 hatched at the end of 21. The one about to zip hasn’t zipped more than one more hole next to original pip, but is still chirping, I’ve removed the three chicks from the bator because they kept turning that egg upside down. Brooder is right next to the incubator so chicks are still communicating when they’re not napping. I’m not sure if I should assist, there’s been no progress for around 8 hours, but it’s still wiggling and chirping.
Sometimes it can take quite awhile for them to hatch, if it's still trying I'd leave it be, I don't usually intervene at all (I have once). If you decide to this may be of some help Article 'Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry' https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

Sometimes it can take quite awhile for them to hatch, if it's still trying I'd leave it be, I don't usually intervene at all (I have once). If you decide to this may be of some help Article 'Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry' https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/
I don’t want to intervene at the point it’s currently at. I feel I’ll do more harm than good. I’ll leave it be overnight (I’m in Ireland, it’s 11pm here) and see how it gets on, the others hatched late last night after pipping early in the day so I’m hoping this one is the same. Here’s a cute pic of the three in the brooder in the meantime! My 10 year old sister has named them Mabel, Agnes and Stella, they’ll probably all end up being roo’s lol

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 5
I don’t want to intervene at the point it’s currently at. I feel I’ll do more harm than good. I’ll leave it be overnight (I’m in Ireland, it’s 11pm here) and see how it gets on, the others hatched late last night after pipping early in the day so I’m hoping this one is the same. Here’s a cute pic of the three in the brooder in the meantime! My 10 year old sister has named them Mabel, Agnes and Stella, they’ll probably all end up being roo’s lol
They are cute as can be! I look forward to your update in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom