Help me GopherBoy and BeaverGirl!

yes you would need a compresor if you got an air nailer, they do make ones that use gas cartrages but they are expensive,
Harbor freight ofers a variety of nailers that are in expensive.
I use a framing nailer that I will put 16d nails in for fraiming then 8d nails in for siding but the one tiff and I use the most is the air stapler.....seems you can staple everything togeter including your hand if you aint carfull....sory it took so long to get back to you...gophers hibernate.

Quote:
Well I am not as handy as gopherboy or beavergirl, but I work on tools for about 18 years.
You can buy a Pasloade nailgun( Fraiming gun) which will shoot both round head and clipped head nails, and it is operated with gas and battary, so you don't need an aircompressor or a long hose.
It is unfortunately come with high price of almost $350.00
you can find it at lowe's or Hd, or some times you can find one in a pondshop.

Omran.

Lowe's and Home Depot has a section where you can rent expensive tools. Might be an option if you don't plan to build chicken pens everyday and a certain expensive tool would get the job done quick...

thumbsup.gif

Get two drills (one should be a nice cordless, B&D makes a really good one for about $100). One does the drilling of pilot holes, one screws things in. It goes faster if you have two drills.

I also avoid the finger flattener/pounders.

If you decide you MUST have an air nailer, check out pawn shops. There were a ton of them in the pawn shop last time I was in there (looking for a welder, don't ask).

I have to chime in...get a good drill! A cordless drill, with 2 battery packs...that way there's always one charging and you're never left waiting
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom