HELP ME PLZ

When you go to the top of BYC and it says FORUM, scroll down and there is a category for emergencies/injuries/illness. Just post the photo there and give a short update. Is an avian vet a possibility? I think everyone here is trying to help you. Ducks do come with a lot of challenges and this likely won't be the first one you encounter. Jumbo pekins are probably prone to more leg issues than other small ducks. Do you know friends that have ducks that might help you?
No one is answering me and I’m freaking out

Take a deep breath and try to calm down. Everyone on these forums is just going about their busy lives and every time they answer it's just volunteering their time and support out of the goodness of their heart. If I were you right now I would look to see if there are avian vets near me that might be able to look at the leg and tell you what's going on. Next thing I would do is get a clear picture of what the right leg looks like compared to the left. Look for images of ducklings with slipped tendons and compare photos. Many ducklings have medical issues, it's the hard part of enjoying them. Now you're responsible to figure out how to help this little one. Many, many issues are fixable, so just try to relax and take the next step towards figuring this out.

The swollen leg makes me think this isn't necessarily a niacin deficiency. Nevertheless you should be giving them extra niacin and the liquid vitamin B complex Miss Lydia posted a photo of is the best thing and will help strengthen the leg no matter what. This may be a slipped tendon or something else. If you could get a really clear photo of both legs/feet next time you remove the hobbles (which looked great by the way) that would be great. Also, an avian vet could probably look at it and figure out what to do.

Attachments

• D5A5165E-E4D9-4E8D-BEE7-94B6891FA972.jpeg
    D5A5165E-E4D9-4E8D-BEE7-94B6891FA972.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 7
I asked earlier will the right leg go straight down like the left leg? can he stand on both legs at once or can he not bring the right leg down far enough to stand on it?The hobble looks good make sure it isn't too tight around the leg and cutting off circulation. I see he is standing that is a good sign. But like @CoriM says if you can get some good pics of the legs with out the hobbles.
Your duckling looks bright eyed so please don't think your going to lose it.

And I see you posted that sweet picture of his right side leg, but if possible it would be great to see a frontal view of both legs to compare the difference. I get that this is probably hard to do if he won't stand. In your earlier post when you said "it's huge" were you saying that the right leg looks bigger than the left? The right foot or toe? Specifics help so much.

Here’s a few. He just took a few steps!

Attachments

• IMG_4878.jpeg
    IMG_4878.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4876.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4875.jpeg
    IMG_4875.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4874.jpeg
    IMG_4874.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4873.jpeg
    IMG_4873.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4872.jpeg
    IMG_4872.jpeg
    606.8 KB · Views: 6
That last photo really captured it well - good job. Have you looked for a vet? I honestly think that's probably what you need.

Although you should definitely keep giving the extra niacin, you have something else going on here and it's probably going to need vet care. I'm sorry!

Back
Top Bottom