HELP! My quail chicks are dying!

I don't know about the wood chip thing. I've never used them. I tried them with chickens & was less then ideal so I never gave them a chance.

I'd move you brooder off the concrete tho so it won't draw the heat out of it. You can put any incandescent light in there for some heat. Table lamp maybe?

It use to be common place for us to store an assortment of 40/60/100 watt bulbs. Now it seems to be a rear thing. If you have to run out to get some is suggest at least a couple of each & play with them to see which is right for you. 100W will probably be the most versatile but I don't like using that big if a 40W will do.

Sorry for the edit. I touched the submit button before I meant to.

Last edited:
Yeah i learned the hard way about shavings my waterer tilted while i was at work my chicks got wet i lost 5 i started using sand from then on it works great. I was using a large container like you have now i use a 4 foot childs pool with a few papertowels in it that can be tossed afterwards.

If you havent already. Get ANY lamp bulb in there asap. Your chicks are dying from cold. Also water will wick onto pine shavings, and get water everywhere. One reason i dont use them. If your chicks touch their water at all, they will wick it up as well. Without heat to warm back up, its a fast death sentence. Your last remaining chicks wont make it through another day without immediately installing a heat source. After being cold for so long they may continue to die off because they havent been digesting food due to cold.

Back
Top Bottom