Help! My rescued cockerel seems weak and has a slight tremor. UPDATE: Do worms may lessen or increa

Helloo!!

Well today he crowed two times! His comb is red again and this morning ran a little bit when I was going to pick him up to check him. He still has that tremor though. Maybe he is still fighting his infection or maybe it is a vitamin/protein deficiency?

@ClaireDL I hope your guy recovers :)

Thank you...So happy that yours is better..Regarding mine, the vet ruptured an air sac..Didn't see it until the next day...However, his spirit is still really high..so I keep trying!...
Make sure yours doesn't have any worms...You can add some vit. / electrolytes and probiotic in his water..
Good luck!..He should completely recover..
Claire

No , I have not. I will schedule a follow up appointment with the vet and ask for it. I am wondering if his lack of appetite may have something to do with internal parasites or worms? After all he was a not very cared for chick when we rescued him :/

If a chicken has worms that makes him eat more or less?

Thank you for your reply!

I know mine had coccidias...When they have blood in their droppings, than means the infestation is already huge...It really weakened one of mine..I thought he was gonna die and he was very little interested in food during that time...We had to treat several times...Best way to know is really to do a fecal test...At least , if it's negative, you can rule that out..It can be so many things that go wrong with them!...Try maybe some kind of mash...They usually like things that are yellow /red..in little quantity to not disturb too much their digestive system...Good luck...Still struggling with mine..I start to wonder if it's not genetic!
Claire

Back
Top Bottom