Help please...1st time to try and hatch baby ducks

Carolinebigsky

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2016
Hi...this is my first time to try and hatch baby ducks. We have pond across the street with lots of ducks. We had a nest at the house but it got attacked and the mom abandoned it. We bought an incubator after 2 days and put in 14 eggs.

We are at day 25 and I removed the automatic egg turner. While putting the egg back in the incubator I noticed a small crack in one egg. It grew over a few hours and wobbled...but I am concerned they the baby will not be able to get air...since there is not a true hole, only cracking.

Also...the other remaining 8 eggs have not moved...we lost some early and only have 9 now.

Will the baby be ok with just cracks? There are a lot...but no hole.

Thanks!

Hi...yes, baby made some progress. At least I feel it can breathe now. No movement on the other 8...hopefully when I get home the other 8 are wobbling.

Attached is the progress from external pip...the last 24 hours. About how much longer until the sweet baby hatches...24 hours or longer?

Thanks so much

We thought we saw 2 of the others wobbling but I am not sure. My baby is just sticking his beak out the hole over and over. But in the same spot. His / her little head it hitting the top of the shell and breaking a little more but not moving other than that. Worried about the sweet baby...

Back
Top Bottom