Help please...1st time to try and hatch baby ducks

Look who is trying to stand up!!!! I have a container within the incubator so he can stay snuggled up for the night... He freaked out then his body touched the wire on the bottom.

Candles the others and I do not see any movement...so strange. He / she might be the only one. I did find a stinky egg so I removed it.

Glad you found the stinker. That's awful. But the little guy looks adorable!

Is it still in the incubator? Did you leave the other eggs in? You can take the hatched one out any time, if you have a warm brooder ready for him.

Congratulations :clap

He has that nasty stuff all caked / dried on him so we gave him a quick bath. Got some of it off but not all of it.

I put him back in the incubator so he could dry off. Then I will move him to the next setup.

He is adorable! But seems so fragile.

Ah! I see. Great job. He looks really tiny!!
love.gif

You can use some Blue Dawn dish soap to get some of the crusty off, but he will preen it off too... eventually. lol

oh, and a warm hair dryer on low heat and speed can be used too. Sometimes they like it, sometimes they don't.

Last edited:
He seems to struggle at times and gets stuck on his back and legs are kicking in the air.

Helped him get some water but removed the dish because I am afraid he will fall in...will give him supervised drinks. He is pecking at towel but not food so I put a mashed boiled egg in there.

If he is not a lot stronger tomorrow I am going to take him to the wildlife center where they can care for him 24/7.

Here is a picture next to a beanie baby

So sweet. You could try some nutridrench vitamins. Might help him out. But I understand, a loner is a lot to handle. Do what you think is best.

He is actually moving around a lot better and ate a little. We are all in love so as long as I think he is thriving, then we will keep him

So sweet!

Back
Top Bottom