Help please...1st time to try and hatch baby ducks

Look at those faces, they are adoreable. I would keep them both too if they were mine. Thanks for sharing their pics.

Babies are 2.5 weeks. They have some sprouts of feathers on their tails. They are an absolute blast! Still keep them inside but take them out 4 times a day and swim them 2 or 3 times a day. Bought them a house for the fall...but won't leave them there until we build a bottom cap to keep predators out.

We have our yard in 3 sections so they can eventually hang out in 1 section during the day and lock them up at night.

Total love

@Carolinebigsky oh my goodness! How pretty! And I love that pool pic :D

Amazing how big they get so fast huh?

By 9 weeks you should hear a definite voice difference. Loud quacks are female, squeaky peeps are male. The drake feather, or curly tail feathers, might be a few more weeks. It looks like a black Swedish? Gorgeous baby. How about the other?

@Carolinebigsky is that a ramp I spy in the green pool?
I have the same pool sitting in my garage and separately want to get my two ducklings in something bigger but I don't know how to allow them to get out!

I piled up rocks and bricks. They climb very well! Just make short steps for little ones.

Eta, on the inside too. I added a piece of carpet to lay them on inside.

Last edited:
Momma had them climbing in and out very young. :)

The ground slopes under my pool, so I had a few inches of water in the other side, out of picture frame.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom