Help Please - Sick Goose

Please keep us updated on how she is doing. I hope she gets to feeling better real soon. I'll probably be turning my computer off shortly I'll check back in the morning to see how she is doing. Take care and god bless.
X2!! thinking about you both
hugs.gif

I'm sorry I never mentioned it... Her name is Lucy... Lucy-goosey :)

She seems to have a little thicker poo with some white in it this morning. She has been in the same spot all night, she keeps shaking her head, and her tail is pointed down a little this morning.

What is the likelihood of her being the only one showing signs of gape worms?

I have 3 other geese, 10 ducks, 12 guineas, and 6 chickens.

A couple of my female ducks have seizures every once in a while, but their mother did too so I didn't kmow if it was genetic?

The only thing that I've ever wormed them with is the Wazine 17 because that's what my granny had always used, and that's what she told me to use... Can't argue with your granny! ;)

Miss Lydia:

I have 3 mini Dachshunds too! And a 106 (supposed) bulldog mix rescue, and a 2.5 pound Yorkie.

4 horses, a 95 gallon full of fish, a yellow slider turtle, and I'm feeding approximately 10 feral cats outside that keep the mouse population under control around my coop.

Well I'm glad that Lucy is showing some improvement in her stools. She is still with us and that is a blessing. Have you tried giving her yogart that might help with the digestion.

It seems like if she had gape worms they all would. I just wonder if she has an ear infection. With her shaking her head. Does she have any discharge around her ears? I'm just guessing here.

I would still take in a stool sample tomorrow to your vet if all possible. That way you can rule out the worms if it is clear. Maybe he could suggest an anitibiotic for her.

You have a lot of birds and animals to take care of. I have 12 chickens and 15 ducks. Two dogs, koi fish and a box turtle. I would love to have a female goose that is ready for retirement. You don't find many geese in their 20s that nobody wants.

Take care and give Lucy a big hug from me. I hope she continues to show some improvement. Bless your heart for taking such good care of Lucy.

Head-shaking means, often, they are trying to get something out of their throats or the backs of their mouths.

I don't have geese - just an f.y.i.

I suspect an infection. Ducks can get fungal infections as well as bacterial . . . without a lab report it may be tough to know.

Eye mucous is a sign of a sinus infection.

Is she on oral antibiotics? I would consider Tylan.

Back
Top Bottom