Help Please

Little one died when I went to clean her she was gone
1f622.png
But out of 7 chick eggs I lost 2,the other 5 are doing good! Thank you for all ur help.
I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it. Despite everything you can try to do, sometimes it just happens.
1f641.png

Glad to hear your 5 are doing well, though. They sure are cute! Freshly hatched chicks like that make me think of cottonballs with feet.

I'm new to this and I bought a cheap incubator the problem I have is the temp and humidity is always way off I bought a digital temp n humidity monitor from home Depo can u give an idea of a good one to get

There are a lot of good incubators out there, depending on what features are important to you and what you want to spend. This thread should provide some food for thought: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/601919/best-incubator.

I have a Brinsea Octagon Advance 20. It's pricier than some (around $360), but has a lot of bells and whistles...autoturner, digital controls, automatic cooling. You can also get the manual version, the Octagon 20 Eco, for about half that price. It's not digital, so you'd need the thermometer and hygrometer (humidity), and you'd either need to manually turn eggs or buy the autoturner (I bought one used for $75). Both models are plastic.

Another good option, IMO, is the Hova-Bator 1588 Genesis. Again, digital controls, forced air incubator. This is a styrofoam incubator. I bought a new one for $125 on an online auction site to use primarily as a hatcher, but it worked well as an incubator, too. Unless you want to turn eggs by hand, you can buy a Little Giant autoturner for about $40 that fits this model (when I searched, the Hova-Bator autoturner was almost $20 more expensive).

The models I've mentioned are the only ones I've owned and used to date. I highly recommend a forced air style (with a fan), rather than a thermal (wafer thermostat) one. I had a wafer thermostat one and the temperature fluctuated wildly. Save yourself the aggravation and avoid those...but others may disagree.
1f642.png

Ok yes I was loo I looking into the Brinsea Octagon Advance 20 kinda high at the moment.I bought a no named incubator off eBay made in China so the temp is pretty on point it is forced air fan on top of lid with egg rotator main problem I'm having is humidity and keeping get it down sometimes increasing. I bought a digital temp n humidity unit at home Depo n I go by that one since I believe the unit does not show right humidity.

This is the baby duck in question at being of post! Has been weak past few days some boiled duck yolk n is doing better..

Ok yes I was loo I looking into the Brinsea Octagon Advance 20 kinda high at the moment.I bought a no named incubator off eBay made in China so the temp is pretty on point it is forced air fan on top of lid with egg rotator main problem I'm having is humidity and keeping get it down sometimes increasing. I bought a digital temp n humidity unit at home Depo n I go by that one since I believe the unit does not show right humidity.
It's a real pain when there's a temp or humidity discrepancy. Is the issue that the humidity is too high or too low?

The Advance 20 is nice, but personally, I think I'd just buy the Eco 20 now that I have more experience with incubators. It's more fun being "hands on".
1f642.png

This is the baby duck in question at being of post! Has been weak past few days some boiled duck yolk n is doing better..
Too cute!! If you have it (always good to have on hand, IMO), a supplement like Sav-A-Chick might help. Just wanted to make sure you know that ducklings need extra niacin, too. I use brewer's yeast sprinkled on their food. Hope your little one keeps getting stronger!

Too cute!! If you have it (always good to have on hand, IMO), a supplement like Sav-A-Chick might help. Just wanted to make sure you know that ducklings need extra niacin, too. I use brewer's yeast sprinkled on their food. Hope your little one keeps getting stronger!

Back
Top Bottom