hen acting like rooster?

Sorry but now I have some pictures. Chookyroo is a cross. Dad is Barnvelder and mum a Lite Sussex bantam. He is a real character and now has his own hens who are Australorpes.Eggs from the hens in his harem appear to be sterile. Fine by me!!!!! He is an active rooster and great at watching out for the wedgetail and white bellied sea eagles who visit daily. Shepherds

his girls inside to safety so he is doing a good job.

When the sun shines on Chookyroo his feathers glisten silver. Kind regards to all from Tasmania

Sorry but now I have some pictures. Chookyroo is a cross. Dad is Barnvelder and mum a Lite Sussex bantam. He is a real character and now has his own hens who are Australorpes.Eggs from the hens in his harem appear to be sterile. Fine by me!!!!! He is an active rooster and great at watching out for the wedgetail and white bellied sea eagles who visit daily. Shepherds

his girls inside to safety so he is doing a good job.

When the sun shines on Chookyroo his feathers glisten silver. Kind regards to all from Tasmania

That's a nice looking boy there, even better if he's looking after his girls with the added bonus of no unexpected babies lol

Ten months he is a real character, gentle but also feisty, always getting into trouble. Was using our hook pen predator cover nets as a trampoline cheers

Hahaha, I can just imagine that with him jumping up and down flapping his wings getting 'flying practice' lol, kinda like in chicken run

[He is very protective of his girls and stands up to the goose. He would kill his father Big Red who we rescued from the rubbish dump cheers

Okay, so I have a hen who is acting like a rooster. She's laying eggs, mounting the other hens, and just started crowing. I've been told she is an Ollie? My other girls are rock/RIR mix. Any idea?

If you look at the news at all, I think there must be something in the water or chem trails. Boys thinking they're girls, girls thinking they're boys, girls thinking they're cats, 50 year olds thinking they're 6 year old girls.
Stop the world, I want to get off!

Back
Top Bottom