"Hen" "Crowing" - reassure me she's a she, or disabuse me of my notion (Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte)

Note: the rooster across the street is allowed because the neighbors there have a farmable-sized parcel, according to the town bylaws, while we, with the actual original farmstead in the area, are a third of an acre shy of having the minimum acreage and were ineligible to be grandfathered in as agriculturally zoned since the previous three owners didn't keep any agriculture going. So it's a legal rooster, which doesn't help us any.
I live in the woods, so I wouldn't understand the legal laws. But, I know there is a thread her for Chicken Laws and Ordinaces if that helps you at all. :).

Did you get him from McMurray? I got two that looked like him last year. The BLRW boys have that red ‘saddle’ on their backs and sides, whereas girls do not.
Yes, was kind of a mistake. A friend recommended them and half the chicks were DOA and another two died within 12 hours. The post office may have contributed but my interactions with the hatchery were not optimal. Got the second brood elsewhere and they've been a delight and 100% healthy.

Oh my experience with McMurray wasn’t bad at all. All alive last year and the ones I ordered this year. I like that they have the Coccidiosis vaccine. I haven’t really interacted with staff ( just ordered online) so can’t speak to customer service.

My experiences with Murray McMurray have been amazing as well so maybe it was just a post office thing. I’ve had that happen with another hatchery before🙄 So frustrating!!:barnie

Back
Top Bottom