here's why we shouldn't put quail and chickens together...update #3

I've rode & driven in a car without wearing a seat belt my whole life & I'm fine also. So is there any logic to your comment? Besides your birds are probably carriers for some really nasty diseases that can wipe out other quail now & that cant be tested for?

I have to agree that it is a bit forward to come to a thread, where someones quail were vet diagnosed with a poultry diseases they got from chickens, and say something like that. It's great that you don't have any problems but there is no need to champion the keeping together of quail of chickens on a thread that contains information that proves it can be dangerous. People win at Russian Roulette too but there was a bullet in the gun for the whole game.

Guys my quail aren't gonna get some chicken disease there fine theybeen with my chickens for 3 years now

It is possible that they already have it but for some reason are carriers without symptoms. Ever hear of Typhoid Mary? Birds can do that too. Expose your flock to a flock that has never been around chickens and there is a chance you could get the other ones sick.

A few things to remember when reading threads here or anywhere else.... It is useless to debate with someone who clearly disregards all information contrary to their beliefs. This forum has had a quail section for a lot of years. Most find their way here early in their poultry experience. If they just got here, ask a few questions, and then know everything. I don't put a lot of stock in their "years" of experience.... Everyones past posts are viewable in profile. You can read every post they have made. As well as threads that are edited days later. When someone asks if they can keep their chicken chicks with their quail one day. And then says it's fine "I'v been do'n it for years" a few weeks later. Well that person likely as a Google PHD. Which is great until others that don't know any better, are led down the wrong path by opinion based on a brief history rather than years of actually raise'n the birds.... I guess what I'm try'n to say is be careful you don't take advise from someone who knows less than you! Good luck with your birds....

I can't understand why people continue to try to enforced there disinformation when we have already shot it down with tested proof. I agree about reading older post & do it myself however I was here reading the first post for the person this made me think of when I read your comment Fast Daddy. You are so right. Sadly not ever reader is going to do this tho. I have to reframe from calling these people out by name & publicly calling them a liar.

Last edited:
Not
Life is hard. Life is harder when you are dumb.
not cool
1f622.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom