Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Welcome back Annesa's Muse! Goodness! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Quote:
I suppose so, initially. But, I imagine this thread will grow over the coming months and eventually be slated for the Big Delete next time around. Then we'll start all over again with Hey Grandpa 3.
smile.png
But, instead of a few of us working for hours to save the recipes, they'll already be there and be indexed to make it easier to find again. I know that I have used and enjoyed many of the recipes posted by others and have other recipes I'd love to try eventually, so having them all in one place is a nice thing.

Also, in the initial deletion of Hey Grandpa 1, we managed to take 361 pages down to 16 pages, which I'm sure will contribute to a nice bit of room once it is deleted. So, even if this thread eventually grows that large, the actual number of repeat pages is likely to be relatively small. And, once this thread is deleted, the repeats are gone along with the extra 350ish pages.

One more advantage . . . In the last thread, more than once someone made a recipe and posted it as their dinner for the evening. Later when they made that recipe again, and was asked for the recipe, it was too difficult to find amongst 361 pages. Now, when asked for a recipe they've already posted, they can just point toward the indexed recipe thread and save both space and time.

Or, maybe we just need to get Nifty to make a BYC recipe book.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you, Thank you!! You saved me for tonight. A friend of mine is having health issues so I went to town today to clean her house. Her kids and other family are coming soon and she was upset at the state of her house. Her DH you ask?? Oh yea, she has one.... (thinks her pain is all in her head
somad.gif
) It took me longer than I thought it would and I had nothing thawed out and no plan. So what do I do? Well get on BYC of coarse! I saw your recipe and thought, wala! Dinner. I don't have any enchilada sauce but found a quick and easy one on line. So Thanks Nijapoodles!

Quote:
I suppose so, initially. But, I imagine this thread will grow over the coming months and eventually be slated for the Big Delete next time around. Then we'll start all over again with Hey Grandpa 3.
smile.png
But, instead of a few of us working for hours to save the recipes, they'll already be there and be indexed to make it easier to find again. I know that I have used and enjoyed many of the recipes posted by others and have other recipes I'd love to try eventually, so having them all in one place is a nice thing.

Also, in the initial deletion of Hey Grandpa 1, we managed to take 361 pages down to 16 pages, which I'm sure will contribute to a nice bit of room once it is deleted. So, even if this thread eventually grows that large, the actual number of repeat pages is likely to be relatively small. And, once this thread is deleted, the repeats are gone along with the extra 350ish pages.

One more advantage . . . In the last thread, more than once someone made a recipe and posted it as their dinner for the evening. Later when they made that recipe again, and was asked for the recipe, it was too difficult to find amongst 361 pages. Now, when asked for a recipe they've already posted, they can just point toward the indexed recipe thread and save both space and time.

Or, maybe we just need to get Nifty to make a BYC recipe book.
wink.png

I see what you mean, I like looking for ideas for dinner too.

I'm not sure I had a plan for dinner.. But after pluckin 6 guineas this afternoon, I remembered dinner..
So we had boiled cabbage with sausage and baked beans. Quick, easy, and got the girls fed.

fried chicken, fried potato wedges, amish pasta salad....i can feel my arteries clogging as i type this...

redhen.. what's in your amish pasta salad?

Oh.. and Backyard Buddies.. thank you! I feel so much better today, thank goodness. I don't know what provoked the icky feeling on the plane, but the viral thing that sprung up immediately afterwards ..seems the medicine I took when I got home ..and the long rest was all I needed. Strange ..but I'm so glad!
smile.png

We had Spaghetti, as planned.. not sure what we'll have tomorrow.

Aneesa's Muse :

redhen.. what's in your amish pasta salad?

Oh.. and Backyard Buddies.. thank you! I feel so much better today, thank goodness. I don't know what provoked the icky feeling on the plane, but the viral thing that sprung up immediately afterwards ..seems the medicine I took when I got home ..and the long rest was all I needed. Strange ..but I'm so glad!
smile.png

We had Spaghetti, as planned.. not sure what we'll have tomorrow.

I was gonna ask Redhen the same thing.
smile.png

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Annesa's Muse. My son, who came home sick from school yesterday, also got much better after a rest. Funny how that works sometimes.

It's Wednesday and therefore Breakfast for Dinner. It has been raining all day, so we had oatmeal. Nice and warm on the tummy which is especially nice considering how cold it is. It's very rare when it's in the mid 40s here, let alone raining at the same time. Too bad it wouldn't drop another 15 degrees and give us snow! That hasn't happened here in over 60 years.​

redhen - you've got me curious about your Amish pasta salad too. We'd all be grateful if you would share the recipe and satisfy our curiousity.
smile.png

Aneesa - sorry about your "bug" and glad you recovered quickly. Hope you had a great visit with your family.
big_smile.png

We seem to be missing Monica (cknmom) here. Anyone know if she's ok?

It was DH's birthday today, so he picked the menu. He asked for hamburgers and brownies. He recieved hamburgers on homemade Kaiser rolls, a choice of toppings (Swiss, American or Colby-Jack cheese, sauteed onions and mushrooms, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes) various condiments, pickles and chips, and homemade fudge bownies topped with mint-chocolate chip icecream and sundae sauce.

Happy bday to your hubby happyhen!

Monica's last post was 2 days ago. She lives up in the LA Mountains. We've had sooooo much rain the last few days that it wouldn't be surprising if she has a lot of snow to contend with right now. I hope she checks in soon to let us know she's OK.

Back
Top Bottom