Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
My pages are done. We are almost there! I ran across some great ideas that I was going to try but had forgotten about. So I really enjoyed finding them again!!

I hope your DS is feeling better soon. Maybe he needs some strawbery shortcake or brownies!?!!

321 - 340 is DONE! I'm going to keep going and see if I can get through the end of the thread. Stay tuned!

It is completely DONE! I'm going to let Nifty and gang know that the old thread can now be deleted. The sad part of that is that as I was reading through the thread, I found so many posts by Tutter, who had been an active member of that thread and contained what was some of her last posts. I never did hear back from her so I hope that she wasn't adversely affected by the fires. Having her disappear so quickly after posting how close they were, and not respond to emails, I'm afraid that it may not have gone so well for them.
sad.png

Last edited:
You guys are awesome! Thanks for "preserving" a little byc history!
woot.gif

Redfeathers - thanks for the inspiration. Cabbage and noodles will be making an appearance on the table here in the not so distant future. Yummm!

Pizza-palooza here tonight. Pepperoni, sausage, supreme, cheese. white, and a veggie pie were consumed with abandon, jovial teasing and much laughter! It's nice to have everyone home.
love.gif

I, too, pray that Tutter is safe and well and will join us again soon. She is missed.

We're unexpectedly iced in, so it was a search-the-pantry night. The result wasn't too bad: Bean & Cheese Enchiladas. I'll copy the recipe over to the recipe thread...did we make any arrangements like that about new recipes? I think from now on, anytime we post a recipe, we should automatically copy it to the recipe thread at the same time. That way, no one will have to ever comb through the thread and copy/paste recipes again!

Quick & Easy Bean & Cheese Burritos

mixed up:
A can of refried beans
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. each: onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder

Spread filling into 8-10 corn tortillas that have been steamed to soften, roll up.

Pour 1/3 can enchilada sauce into bottom of a baking dish, place rolled tortillas in dish, then pour remainder of enchilada sauce over the top. Add more shredded cheese if desired.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Yummy, filling, full of protein and fiber, and CHEAP. Even better with a green salad, if you happen to have some fresh spinach or greens around.

Quote:
Good idea maybe we can put a post that says Granpa thread 2 recipes so we know where the offical thread ended and the new on starts.

Thanks to all who copied recipes.

Chicken sandwiches tonight.

Quote:
Great idea, Ninja! Seems to me we should go back to the beginning of Hey Grandpa 2 and pick up any that may have gotten missed between the end of Grandpa 1 and your recipe. There shouldn't be too many of them since we spent a lot of this thread discussing how we were moving along in our recipe copying.

It may take me a while, but I'll go back through the old thread and see if I can make an index of the recipes.

forgive me if i dont understand but wont copying all the recipes and posting the new ones twice defeat the purpose of deleting the original thread, to make more space?

We're HOME!! All the kids ..rescues and otherwise.. they all made it for two days without their "Mah" ..and I think some may have even missed me!
wink.png

I caught a bug in Atlanta and it tried to take me out on the flight back... terrible dizziness and nausea. I almost fainted in the aisle when I finally figured I better make it to the bathroom before lots of people were mad at me
tongue.png

Anyhoo.. I made sure the Zoo was bunked down and then I passed out about 6:30pm and didn't get up until bright and early this morning, for prayer, so I'll resume cooking this evening...

Spaghetti, fresh bread and a salad is about all I have energy for.. but it's food
smile.png

I apologize for not participating in the recipe save efforts ..but I'm sooo glad they were saved! Thank you ALL for the participation in that!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom