Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't get a pic, but I have another one. They are small dark orange, almost look like pumpkins only they have small yellow spots all over them. The inside is a very deep orange color.

Victorian Milk Bread
2tsp. yeast
1tsp. sugar
1 1/4C. lukewarm milk
3 1/2C. flour
1 1/2tsp. salt

egg glaze-1 egg and 1T. milk(I don't always use this as sometimes it makes the crust very hard)
I use my bread machine to mix and first rise the dough. Then I shape it into an 'S', put it into my bread pan let rise, bake 400* 30-45min. Depending on how dark you like your crust.

I will take a pic of the squash.
Monica

That bread sounds pretty good, cknmom
wink.png
I need to use my bread machine more ..for kneading and all that ...it gets plenty of use for just making loaves for us ..the neighbors ..my DH's friends ..and so on
tongue.png

Tutter, I would love to have the recipe for the Mint Chip ice cream and the Papaya sorbet! I use a LOT of that big red papaya ..the smelly one
lau.gif
...for my geckos! Of course, I love it too, but DH complains about the smell. It's great for digestion, too ...much better than buying a roll of the little tablets at Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods, for those that have never been stripped by them
lau.gif
)

And I do remember those Libby's Sloppy Joes! *puts Welch's on the grocery list*
wink.png

Quote:
I also held on to a lot of memories from when I was young. I think my oldest memory was sometime around the age of 2 1/2. As for the fear of the water, I'm not afraid of water, but now I won't go any deeper than my waist in the ocean. While I was one of the "lucky ones" who made it back to shore without needing to be rescued, it came with a lot of tossing in the waves. I'd rather not repeat that!

The BBQ baked beans recipe that I made was very simple and quite yummy! Like I often do when I don't have my own recipe, I collected one off of Allrecipes.com, but made a few changes.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pats-Baked-Beans/Detail.aspx
My changes were to delete the garbanzo beans and add additional great northern beans, to replace it. Because I made them earlier in the week for company, I also messed with the ratios a little bit by increasing some of the beans and adjusting the seasonings to compensate. It was a big hit at the party to which we took them and the leftover beans were even better!

One of my favorite sauces for cut up hot dogs, or lil smokies etc. is grape jelly and mustard!! It has the most wonderful flavor, Just don't tell anyone what's in it until after they have tried it. DH turned his nose up at the sound of it the first time I made it for him until after he tried it. Now he asks me to make it.

Monica

Tonite we had Purple hull peas, Fresh Creamed sweet corn, Fresh Okra cooked down in some olive oil in a cast Iron skillet. Makes a lot of difference in the taste. Some Salmon Croquets cooked on iron pan in oven. Aaaaweee was that okra and corn good. Sweet tea of course.

We had Mexican as well, but not nearly the amount of work went into ours than into aneesasmuse's! Man does that sound good!

I used a bunch of the peppers picked from the church garden and made a short-cut chile rellenos casserole (fire roast the chilies, peel & seed, layer half in an 8 X 8 dish, add a layer of shredded Mexican cheese, another layer of chilies, some egg, milk, flour mixture - bake, add green enchilada sauce, some diced tomatoes, bake some more, add cheese and melt). I pressure cooked some black beans for one of the sides and made boxed Mexican rice for another.

Last edited:
Backyard Buddies.. I've been craving Chile Rellenos ..that sounds delicious!!
big_smile.png

My trusty Cuisinart FP comes in mighty handy for the Verde ..tomatillos, white onion, garlic, jalapeno, some herbs.... simmered in chicken stock and voila!
wink.png

I saved some, too ...may have to have those Rellenos tomorrow night..

Tutter if you want good meatball subs put provolone cheese in the rolls and pop in the broiler for till the cheese is melted then add meatball.

Last night we had to go to lowes for rolled roofing for the coop.and its right next to longhorn steakhouse.
started with chili cheese fries
garden salad
DH had steaktips
I had a huge porterhouse(brought half home)
and we both had baked sweet potato with cinnamon sugar and butter.
YUM YUM , it was awesome and I didn't have to cook

Tonight Ham steak on the grill , with grilled veggies and potatoes
Ben & Jerry's for desert

Backyardbuddies- I make something like that. Haven't for quite a while though. Must do it soon. Sounds great!

aneesasmuse- I use my machine for dough more than anything. I love the whole process of making bread the real way, it is so satisfying, but, by using the machine it frees me up to do other things. Then I just shape, rise, bake. Otherwise I like to do freezer bread.
DH brought home some groceries last night and I haven't decided what to make tonight.

Monica

BQB- Real bat? I haven't heard of cooking with bat.What does it taste like??? I didn't know that they had enough meat on them.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I just made a big batch of homemade baked beans, they are simmering away in the crockpot with homemade bbq sauce and sauted onions and garlic. I'll probably just make some sausage dogs to go with them.

Hope you all have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom