Hi Everyone, I'm Lauren!

That's understandable, they are pretty cute. I want to keep quail for that reason alone :lol: Some people probably think it's crazy that I just want to keep chickens and quails as pets and not for eggs and meat. Oh well.

It's because they've been raised as meat/egg animals so long, people can't imagine having them as pets alone! But they are so underrated. Plus free eggs! And yeah, bantams are so cute little, plus the smaller the better because then there is room in the coop for more!

Yup, they're very interesting little animals. Quail are hardier than bantams that's another reason I want to keep them, but If I could find a breed of bantam that can cope in rough, windy, wet weather then I'd love some. Of course I would probably have an entire house full of animals if it was up to me. :p

Really? I always thought bantams were pretty hardy, but I've only had button quail once before so that's as far as my experience with quail goes haha. I wish I had a farm so I could just order the large orders of bantams from the hatcheries:/

Well apparently coturnix quail can endure sub zero temperatures of -20C! But they don't fare well in the wind and rain, but as long as you provide them with some shelter to hide behind/under then they should be fine. I always wanted to live on a big farm/animal sanctuary thing when I was younger, but now that I'm growing up and want to travel more I don't want to be weighed down like that. But maybe one day I'll feel like settling again :p

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I see you have more than the required post count now, so the system should catch up and allow you to post a classified soon. Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for!

sounds like a plan! yeah, too many means too much responsibility which means not much leeway in terms of travels and such so I get you on that one

Back
Top Bottom