HOA compliance for chickens in Highlands Ranch, CO

ZackH

Hatching
Oct 12, 2015
Highlands Ranch, CO
Hello BYC members!
Just wondering if there are any other other BYC members living in HR with back yard chickens? We do and would like to get some other ideas/ feed back in regards to meeting construction compliance/ designs and requirements with HOA.
Thank Ya fer reedin, Z

Zach - this thread doesn't get a high volume of readers. Your best bet would be to post on your state thread. Hopefully folks from your area will rally behind you.

Hi Zack,
welcome-byc.gif

MeepBeep has given you good advice to check with your HOA direct. Sometimes what they will/won't allow is different from your county regulations.

Good luck to you, hope you can get some birds!

Hi Zack,
My family just moved to Highlands Ranch in August. We left our chickens behind when we moved here and are in the same boat as you. I understand there is an approval process through the HOA. I think you can access an application online. I would like to get more information as well before I start. I haven't personally met any chicken owners yet, but I just found a Facebook page called Highlands Ranch Backyard Chickens. Maybe our questions could be answered there. Good luck!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with the HOA. Mine have been a headache. :rolleyes:

I know late - Chickens are allowed, and I miss HR every day. They are not allowed in Parker, one of the few places that has the room for them... The coop will need to be approved and painted to match your home. That was the biggest restricting I dealt with there. (I think I just wanted to vent since I just got told I had to get rid of my girls, but I tried to be constructive in case you have not gotten them yet)

Back
Top Bottom