Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Chicken pot pie maybe? I use pie crust for mine but there are tons of buiscuit dough ones out there so bet you could make it work.

I'm thinking of some sort of baked chicken sandwich with pesto or maybe green chiles and cheddar but it's just not coming together for me. Ah well, I'll just make bread to eat with the meal. Who,e wheat or half white bread and some cinnamon raisin for breakfast with the second one. Maybe I'll try the jalepeno cheddar version for dinner.

Just threw a half-whole wheat, jalapeño, cheddar, garlic loaf in the oven. Sprinkled some dried pepper flakes on top. The jalapeños are from the garden and they have so much flavor, turning black they are so ripe. Only problem was, I dint have many of them. It's been so hot, the plant hasn't been flowering. So, just a tiny handful this time. In a bit, I'll put the cinnamon, raisin loaf in, that will be our breakfast tomorrow. Haven't been baking bread lately because of the heat, my sourdough starter tends to act up during the summer and I don't like to run the oven but we were having baked potatoes with left over chicken, anyway so it just made sense to get some yeast bread in there.
Sometimes I make rye bread this time of year, my sour starter works pretty good with the rye sandwich bread with yeast added and it helps to get me starting to feed me starter again. Maybe next week rye bread will be on the agenda when I roast stuff for my chicken stock.

I'm making 4 loaves of Gumps bread! However, I messed up the recipe a "wee" bit.. instead of 8 Teaspoons of yeast, I did 8 Tablespoons..oops! Hopefully it won't mess up the bread too much!

My bread is rising...
caf.gif

~ Aspen
smile.png

Quote:
Quite good actualy! It didn't turn out as fluffy as it was supposed to, but it was still good. I guess it was because 2 1/2 loafs are gone!
lau.gif
wink.png

I will make another batch tomorrow the "right" way!
roll.png
I will post pictures tomorrow...I'm off to bed.
frow.gif
Good night all!
hugs.gif

~ ASpen
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom