Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Ok well I am giving it a shot, will let ya all know if the dough rises out the top
hide.gif

I took two loaves to church today and they could not believe I had made bread in 1 hr 35 min start to finish. I love this recipe; wish I had tried it sooner.

Just wanted to say, I know this is an old thread, but I have this in the oven for the first time right now -- it is just amazing how easy it was to make! I used my bread machine to mix the dough (it doesn't bake well but does great on manual cycle - kneads better than I do)! & only made 1 loaf so halved the ingredients -- it rose so fast i couldn't believe it! Will definitely be saving this recipe to make again!

Update: it came out SOFT!!! so soft & nice! My 80 yr old parents, both of whom have dentures, were able to eat it w/no problem!

I will be making this again!!!

Last edited:
Wow... so sad to see so many of the old members that dont post on BYC anymore.. bummer! :(
Yep, Terri.. this is an excellent bread! I LOOOOVE making cinnimon rolls out of it too...
And a pizza roll... :drool

Wow... so sad to see so many of the old members that dont post on BYC anymore.. bummer!
sad.png
I was thinking the same thing just the other day. This was always one of my favorite sites because of all the great cooks who seem to be able to make great meals on a shoe string budget. We live on a very tight food budget and I have gotten some great low cost recipes off this site. The Gump bread being one of them.

Back
Top Bottom