Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

A friend of mine gave me two jars of jelly that were tasty but didn't gel up so they were like a really good syrup. That stuff, especially the cherry, is awesome drizzled on a bowl of this yogurt.

It's a hit!
big_smile.png
My 7 yr old likes it! I'm going to make cream cheese tonight!
Heather C
wee.gif

I gotta tell y'all, I went to the HF store today, and I was getting some more of the Braggs Sprinkle, and I mentioned to the lady that I had made some soft cheese from homemade yogurt. She asked did I have a yogurt machine & I said no, and told her how MissP had shared her recipe for making it in jars in a cooler. I thought that lady was gonna jump over the counter, she was so excited! Next thing I know, she's whipping out a pad of paper and asking me to write it down for her, and then how to make the cheese out of it. MissP, you made somebody else's day today!

Well it is good to know syrup works on yogurt too. Think opps a whole batch of black berry jelly. All nicley sealed in jelly jars.

What flavors folks adding to your yogurt?

ML

Thank you, cookinmom!

Many things are really just a matter of breaking them down into simple steps. We haven't always had electricity and fancy gadgets available. So what did people do 100 years ago? I like finding manual ways to develop skills that some day just might come in handy to know. I also like being able to pass it on to others who will benefit from the same knowledge and some will even carry it a step further.

I am so happy to know that everyone following this post is pleased with the outcome of their efforts.

I have to get some photos and write down the steps for mozzarella cheese this week. I seem to be lacking enough hours in the day lately. Sorry about that ya'll.

Miss P, your family should be very proud of you for helping so many of us. Just look at all the responses you have had. we are very lucky to have your guidance. We are waiting for the mozzarella when you have time to post it. You are such a good teacher to post the step-by-step method. You go the extra mile. Thank you

Here's my latest experiment. . . .

While making my latest batch of yogurt, I spotted the hazelnut nondairy creamer in the fridge and decided to see if I could use it to flavor the yogurt. I made a little extra yogurt and poured it into a small jelly jar that I had cleaned out, adding a couple tablespoons of the nondairy creamer before allowing them to culture in the cooler. I just pulled the batches of yogurt out of the cooler and had to give them all a taste before putting them into the fridge. The yogurt with the added creamer was a bit thinner than the plain yogurt, but the flavor was really good! I can't wait to try it when it has cooled and thickened up in the fridge!

Back
Top Bottom