Horses!!!!!!!!

That's an interesting puzzle alright. Are the tips of his ears black too? Do his legs have any black on them? Is he freckled over all or mainly rump and shoulders? Are the freckles very small, as in no bigger than a dime, or tend to be larger than a dime. Is his nose dished or roman? Are his ears quite long for his face? Are the hooves white with black striping?

OH MAN! What a beauty! My jaw dropped when I saw her! She is beautiful!!!!! Love the name too
1f603.png

Thanks! Her full name is Dixie Crystals because she's so sweet. <3

Lol! Love it. These are mine!
Cloud my American Indian pony/small horse few spot appaloosa!
I just love that butt!!!

This is apache my husbands american paint horse (small horse)
Right eye blue!

Traveller american minature horse few spot appaloosa.
Excuse his dirty shaggy coat. This weekend is bath weekend!

Little Dakota dwarf American minni
He was born with a crooked ear and a turned in hoof but is still happy and healthy!!!

Sorry best I could do right now with a pic. I will try to get more when I get home and hopefully be able to upload them

Ok
That's an interesting puzzle alright. Are the tips of his ears black too? Do his legs have any black on them? Is he freckled over all or mainly rump and shoulders? Are the freckles very small, as in no bigger than a dime, or tend to be larger than a dime. Is his nose dished or roman? Are his ears quite long for his face? Are the hooves white with black striping?

Ok so q#1- no
Q#2- no
Q#3- rump the palomino spots, shoulders are the black freckles
Q#4- rump spots are dime size no bigger, shoulders spots pen point size to marker for size.
W#5-roman
Q#6- no ears match his face very well
Q#7- his hoofs are white all 4 with black striping with an random brown stripe from time to time.

Extra note: he is a registered American Indian pony @14 hands, listed as a gray b/c they didn't know his true color either...

Ok

Ok so q#1- no
Q#2- no
Q#3- rump the palomino spots, shoulders are the black freckles
Q#4- rump spots are dime size no bigger, shoulders spots pen point size to marker for size.
W#5-roman
Q#6- no ears match his face very well
Q#7- his hoofs are white all 4 with black striping with an random brown stripe from time to time.

Extra note: he is a registered American Indian pony @14 hands, listed as a gray b/c they didn't know his true color either...

Striped hooves are also common in Arabians, as is that "flea-bitten" grey colouring, little black dots on white base. 14 hands would work for size too if grandma or grandpa were Arabian. Then Appy dad and palomino mom might explain the lighter rump colouring?

I thought of that too... But just wasn't sure if that was possible. I did buy him from a lady who only had Arabians. But she said she got him as yearly or younger as a rescue. So he wasn't breed if hers but it does make sense with the flea-bitten fleckling.
He has the endurance to go all day long. But that us both appy and Arabian trait and he is a easy keeper. Doesn't take much to keep him fit. And he is extremely smart. Learns quick. And he can be a testy boy at time.:) but I live him!!! Thanks for your help!!!
Do that have horse genetic testing out there? For color or breed?

I thought of that too... But just wasn't sure if that was possible. I did buy him from a lady who only had Arabians. But she said she got him as yearly or younger as a rescue. So he wasn't breed if hers but it does make sense with the flea-bitten fleckling.
He has the endurance to go all day long. But that us both appy and Arabian trait and he is a easy keeper. Doesn't take much to keep him fit. And he is extremely smart. Learns quick. And he can be a testy boy at time.:) but I live him!!! Thanks for your help!!!

Nope, just years and years and years and years of Pony Club with my daughter! Ha!
And we have a flea bitten grey with striped hooves and a Roman nose that has a mystery past too, but farrier thought the hooves looked Arabian. He's 30 now and still much loved.

He has the endurance to go all day long. But that us both appy and Arabian trait and he is a easy keeper. Doesn't take much to keep him fit. And he is extremely smart. Learns quick. And he can be a testy boy at time.
smile.png
but I live him!!! Thanks for your help!!!
Try this website: www.animalgenetics.us If you go under Equine, you will see the many tests you can have done on your horse.
smile.png

Try this website:  www.animalgenetics.us  If you go under Equine, you will see the many tests you can have done on your horse.  :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom