Host a BYC Traveling Mascot!

C'mon, sign up!
If you signed up on the old thread, please sign up again because I didn't get those lists!

Thanks for the encouragment, Chirpy! Yes, ScrambledEgg set a high standard for BM% and I to meet!!!

Well, it started simply with the pinecone:
3pinecone-1.jpg

" Ohh, this pinecone is as big as me! Did it fall off that tree out there?"
"No, Beaker, that pinecone came all the way from California. We don't have pinecones that big around here."
" Oh, Miss Hostess D- did you go to Californa?"
" Yes, Beaker- Mr. Hostess used to live there"
" I was in Californa!! With nifty!!"

So, it was a rainy day, and I started telling Beaker about my travels, and then he started telling me about his. ( Side note- watch what ya do around the mascots. I got waayyyy too many details about the previous hosts)
So, Beaker started taking me through the mascot thread, showing me pictures and explaining his every move, in great detail ( Beware, he has an awesome memory- or a very vivid imagination)
Then he talked about Pippi and Popper, and came across this photo:
skydive.jpg

I guess he was a little sad, because Popper got to fly.. I turned my back for just a second, I swear....
boo1.jpg

BEAKER!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

boo2.jpg

"Watch out Hostess D- Beaker is ready for takeoff"

BEAKER.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, Beaker doesn't listen too well. So, we spent half the night in the Duckie ER.
They checked him out real well. He has a confussion, a twisted neck,
boo3.jpg

a broken funny bone, and a bad case of toe jam.

boo4.jpg

He even bruised his tailfeathers!

boo5.jpg

The doctor order a day or two of bed rest, and plenty of fluids and sweets. ( Personally, I think the doctor is a quack)
So we got Beaker all comfy on the sofa. He got control of the remote..

boo6.jpg

Beaker, want a donut?

boo7.jpg

How about ice cream? With TWO cherries because you were such a brave boy at the hospital!!
Beaker was a little disappointed. He wanted, in his words " To drive to the hopspittle in a bambalance"
The Doctor said that Beaker should be fine in a day or 2.

Whew, this hosting is hard work.

Oh My Beaker seems to be a handful
ep.gif
Good thing for him you are a fast thinker on your feet Ms Bizzy.
clap.gif
Oh Beaker ya need to listen to good advise. So lucky Ms Bizzy took you to see the Ducktor I mean Doctor.
gig.gif
Glad he will be ok in a few days as he has many more adventures ahead. He doesn't need to being getting quacked up so much.
lau.gif

Thanks Bizzy for such a hanging on the edge adventure
clap.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
Guess what!!!!!! I got a new mascot!!!! I was in the hospital (I broke a bone in my foot, initially it was thought just to be badly sprained) so she had to sit at the post office for two whole weeks. Maybe she was able to show the postal workers how to be kind to packages that have eggs in them lol. I will post pics soon. My nieces have named her Foofy so be on the watch for her wonderful adventures. She has already attended a graduation party for my son and will meet my inlaws tommorow. She will have to get dressed up for the graduation on friday so I will be searching for some american doll clothes that my daughter put into storage. Thank you all for being very patient.

Biz!!! Those are the cutest adventures ever!!!! A pure children's book in the making!!! That Beaker is so quackin mischievious!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Yay!!!!!! Bowyer got the suprise mascot!!!!!! whoooo hoooo!!!!! She's a real turkey that one!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Great job ya'll!!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

NEW MASCOT-NEW CONTEST!
I have a new mascot ready to send to the next person on the list-but she needs a name, first! Submit your name (ONE PER PERSON-if you submit more than one name, you will be disqualified!), by midnight Monday evening, May 25, and Lori and I will decide by Tuesday, 5:00 p.m. who the winner is.
The prize will be a chicken bun basket like the one pictured:

23598_byc_027.jpg
:
Please note-this is my basket, yours will be a different print! The wings lift for you to put warm dinner rolls inside and keep them warm.

And now-here she is!

23598_byc_021.jpg

Start submitting those names!

what a great day yesterday! we took Roscoe to the Cinci Zoo and saw many exciting things. then on to Sweetgrass Serama's house for a pizza party with Jessi Rae's friends and family.

waking the boys up was no easy task.
12425_hpim1897.jpg

the security guard at the zoo mugging for a quick picture.
12425_hpim1900.jpg

what do you want to do first everyone? pose with some rhino statues, of course!
12425_hpim1901.jpg

Roscoe liked the ticket machines and wanted to help buy ours. we thought he meant by chipping in money, but he didn't have any. he doesn't have any pockets ya know!
12425_hpim1902.jpg

the first animals we saw. Roscoe spied something on the nest...do you see it?
12425_hpim1904.jpg

check out this little hawk! it is full grown. it was being rehab'ed but was imprinted to humans, so is now a member of the zoo. this was it's first day on the tether outside and Roscoe got to be there.
12425_hpim1908.jpg

Roscoe wondered if the little hawk was a predator of ducks or chickens. she wasn't. the nice volunteers at the zoo showed him pictures and answered all of his questions.
12425_hpim1909.jpg

since Roscoe had never seen a giraffe before, we headed straight over to the look out. the giraffes came right over to us and Roscoe got very excited.
12425_hpim1911.jpg

next we were off to a little lunch. Roscoe ordered some leafy greens. the luncheon lady posed for a pic as we picked up our order.
12425_hpim1913.jpg

James was REALLY hungry so we said a blessing over the food so he could eat!
12425_hpim1914.jpg

we finished up and when we walked out of the cafeteria, there was a beautiful peacock. Roscoe couldn't believe how big they are!
12425_hpim1915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom